The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys.

Im new to Downhill, just got my bike a few weeks ago, transfering from MX racing to DH.

Can anyone give me some info on where to ride in Gauteng as well as Durban? I know of Giba Gorge, Helderkruin and Giloolies.

Are there any other, maybe not well known, trails around that I can get some practice on?

Thanks

This is my ride. 2010 Mongoose Boot R Team. Matt Smiths ex race bike.

Any tips on set-up etc? I havent even changed the saddle height.

post-5911-099165200 1288795602.jpg

check out Bike Radar for some set up tips

(Edit to add) Also check out PinkBike they've had some suspension set up vids, as part of their Tech Tuesdays feature.

Edited by Super_mil

At the Spruit? I dont think so, going to MTN Park on Saturday. Will probably take my jump bike with for afterwards fun.

Who is going on Friday you know?

Hi guys.

Im new to Downhill, just got my bike a few weeks ago, transfering from MX racing to DH.

Can anyone give me some info on where to ride in Gauteng as well as Durban? I know of Giba Gorge, Helderkruin and Giloolies.

Are there any other, maybe not well known, trails around that I can get some practice on?

Thanks

Welcome to DH bud, you gonna love it. It's the closest thing to MX i think, being and old MXer. In Durb's there's Giba as you mentioned, then PMB has Cascades and Worlds View, both are awesome.

Nice bike!

Thanks for the info.

I definately cant wait to start doing some riding!

Cascades and Worlds View, how do you get there? Where abouts are they?

Thanks, Im loving the bike!

i'm visiting Rhodes and Clarens this coming holiday. Anybody know of any downhill tracks in this region?