Helmets

andrewbell

Got both the Giro Atmos and Bell Sweep. The bell has a tighter fit and better for winter mornings, but the Giro is my first choice in summer when ventilation is a priority

Guest Big H

Fortunately God made us all different.... just think we might have looked like BIG MAMMA!!!!!!!!

Please take NOTE!!!!!!

Helmets, Saddles and Cycling shoes are extremely personal and intimate items. Gleam as much information as you can from this discussion, read as much as you can about this issue (Bicycling Magazine with Gunn Rita Dahle on the front page had an excellent article on the issue, especially read the protion about correct fit !!!!!!) Good ventilation is very important as the vast amount of veins on your head regulates body temperature. When you go to the Cycling outlets the salesman will try to sell you the the helmet he gets the most commission on. Ensure that you know more than him and make him aware of that by being assertive. The correct helmet will be the one that fits your requirements and style, your pocket, standard safety specifications and most of all comfortability and proper fit.
Big H2007-04-19 04:14:31

Or you could do what most girls do, try them all on infront of the mirror, decide which one you look the hottest in, then get it in a colour that matches your bike.

There you go, perfect buy!!!!Embarrassed

Or you could do what most girls do' date=' try them all on infront of the mirror, decide which one you look the hottest in, then get it in a colour that matches your bike.

There you go, perfect buy!!!!

[/quote']

Some do that and then they decide it looks better back to front aswell.

[quote=Mampara

Some do that and then they decide it looks better back to front aswell.

Dude, just because they are dumb, doesn't make them easier, didn't your mom teach you that? You need to start dating diferent chicks ....WinkLOL

Guest Big H

That attitude my dear girl will make you the most perfetc BRAIN DEAD amateur on this messageboard!!!!!!CryAngry Big H2007-04-19 04:46:48

Which would you chose' date=' either a Bell, Giro or a Met. Looking at spending about 1200?

[/quote'] why is it that R4.00 worth of foam covered in R5.00 worth of plastic with R6.00 worth strap and R4.00 clip ends up costing R1200.00.

so the question is how much is your safety worth? they pretty much all meet the safety standards so at the end of the day buy the one that fits you best and hope it looks cool and isn't the most expensive.

That attitude my dear girl will make you the most perfetc BRAIN DEAD amateur on this messageboard!!!!!!CryAngry

And this comment is called for??? As you explain to Fatty in your other post!!!

Clearly double standards!

P.S. Anybody who actualy knows me, will know it's a joke, to MAMPARA

Have a lovely day!Big%20smile

Or you could do what most girls do' date=' try them all on infront of the mirror, decide which one you look the hottest in, then get it in a colour that matches your bike.

There you go, perfect buy!!!!Embarrassed

[/quote']

That doesn?t work, guys have too much blood sweet and tears in their eyes at bicycle races.Wink

Rather go with the perfect feeling Embarrassed

I currently use a Giro Pneumo which presses on the crown of my head - rather uncomfortable. You'll notice many riders using this helmet are left with 2 indentations on their upper foreheads after a long ride. There is nothing wrong with the Giro, but it doesn't suit everybody. When I tried the Atmos it was even worse. The bottom line - don't make the mistake that I did & choose the helmet that fits you best and has reasonable ventilation.

I currently use a Giro Pneumo which presses on the crown of my head - rather uncomfortable. You'll notice many riders using this helmet are left with 2 indentations on their upper foreheads after a long ride. There is nothing wrong with the Giro, but it doesn't suit everybody. When I tried the Atmos it was even worse. The bottom line - don't make the mistake that I did & choose the helmet that fits you best and has reasonable ventilation.

Guest Big H

amateur, anybody who knows me will know I was dead serious and my comment was not regarded as a joke but as a caution. I truly hope you do not take your personal safety as a joke!!!!!! Kla jy so ook as jou Pa met jou praat.....mmmmmm?????

Have a lovely day!Big%20smile
Big H2007-04-19 08:33:10