Dome Crit as from tomorrow

Russian

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe someone else can comment how technical it is' date=' I don't know what "technical" is in terms of road riding...

[/quote']

How many turns are there, are they sharp turns or can they be taken wide.

What I'm trying to establish is....

Would you advise a new rider (who's still very nervous on a bike) to take part in this?

The corners are only as technical as you want to make them, at 10-15km/hr they not technical, but if you crank it up and start taking them at 30 plus, then yes they get technical. I started last year and crawled around but with every Tuesday I got better, now I can corner with best of them. Come give it a bash, you won't be disappointed and it's great training.

And there are 6 turns and as ND said it's about 900m per lap. Oh and I think there was only one crash last year and the medics where there in a flash.

The corners are only as technical as you want to make them' date=' at 10-15km/hr they not technical, but if you crank it up and start taking them at 30 plus, then yes they get technical. I started last year and crawled around but with every Tuesday I got better, now I can corner with best of them. Come give it a bash, you won't be disappointed and it's great training. [/quote']

i've heard the crit racing is a great way to 'learn' how to corner properly and effectively, so i'll encourage my wife to join me at the end of september.  thanks for the info guys!!

mmmm, now where did i put my road bike, havn't seen it since about April / May?

Great one Alex, we won't be there this week due to colds and flu, but hopefully next week. Big%20smile

i've heard the crit racing is a great way to 'learn' how to corner properly and effectively, so i'll encourage my wife to join me at the end of september.  thanks for the info guys!!

It teaches you great bike handling skills especially when you have to dodge all those slow riders like Pavlov, Flemish Lion, Slo-Jo, Zaskar, IanJ and Thug etc. I think after about the first nine high speed crashes you take at the Dome it soon becomes second nature to elbow these riders out the way while dashing thru at 90 degree bend at 55kph, at the same time sipping on your water bottle, changing gears, adjusting you sun glasses and checking your laptime on your PolarWink

I went and watched last week.

As the backmarkers were not showing enough pain and suffering I have decided to go along tonight and show them how one really hangs on.  

I FLY, if you wanna see someone show pain and suffering just look out for me tonight, I will be setting the standard for it Dead

Should I ride or take pics? Embarrassed

Dust off the JPS machine, put on the white assos, and we will see you on the start line! Wink

Oh no... did you see the pic Michelle put on FB!!! Goodness, somebody wrote to me saying "some people need Jesus, you need a gym!" LOL

The white Assos is a no no in my current condition!

Oh no... did you see the pic Michelle put on FB!!! Goodness' date=' somebody wrote to me saying "some people need Jesus, you need a gym!" LOL

The white Assos is a no no in my current condition!
[/quote']

I saw that pic, lycra in all forms for you or me are not an option at this time, maybe we stay with mountain bike baggies? Look doff on a road bike though Ouch