Hard or softtail?

Molifi

Hardtail for me, know its only the colour i must decide on.Black&white or plain black mmmmmmm!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started riding a skinny bike as well a few months ago.  The responsiveness, lateral stiffness and the lack of weight of the roadbike compared to my DS MTB made me think about going back to HT. 

Tomorrow will be my first ride on my new HT and Sunday MTN Blockhouse my first race.  Will see how it goes.

This is like the Campy/ Shimano debate.

It goes like this: Unless you have a budget of 20K or more then go for a hardtail. The spec will be 5 X better and so will the ride. If you have your heart set on a DS then just get one. At the end of the day both'll do the job and if you have a lockout on your shock, (if you get a DS) both'll climb as well as the other.

Dirt?Girl - Are you stirring a bit?

me?? neverrrrrrrrrr...Embarrassed

I just honestly think peeps that don't ride hardtails, do so, cos they can't. So they are either old or injured..

This off course excludes any DH riders.Big%20smile

I just honestly think peeps that don't ride hardtails' date=' do so, cos they can't. So they are either old or injured..

[/quote']

Hehe, the peeps who used to ride HT found that DS is so much more forgiving on the bumps, and you can pick up more speed going down hills Tongue

I just honestly think peeps that don't ride hardtails' date=' do so, cos they can't. So they are either old or injured..

[/quote']

Hehe, the peeps who used to ride HT found that DS is so much more forgiving on the bumps, and you can pick up more speed going down hills Tongue

seeeeee...my point exactly..you can't handle the bumps no more...old man! LOL

[/quote']

Hmm, I've ridden the WC DH course on a HT, granted it was a Trials Bike. Course that might have just been stupidity?

[/quote']

seeeeee...my point exactly..you can't handle the bumps no more...old man! LOL

Especially if there's ANY bumps on that nekked bike ride Dead

[/quote']

Hmm, I've ridden the WC DH course on a HT, granted it was a Trials Bike. Course that might have just been stupidity?

Is that world cup..or western cape?

World Cup' date=' I live in Hilton bove PMB.

[/quote']

then kudos to you my friend, you don't join the 'old club'! Clap

[/quote']

Racer X so you must've done the Cowan House Classic? cool ride hey

[/quote']

then kudos to you my friend, you don't join the 'old club'! Clap

Well I hope not, I'm only 20. And 3/4's.

[/quote']

hmmppf... I take offense to that.

I'm not old (haven't even hit the 30's yet) and am not injured and had no problems riding a hardtail down rocky singletracks etc. 

I just have more fun on my Stumpy.  I can ride over things that I would avoid if I had a HT.  I do have the luxury of locking my rear shock though when I do the pedal power rides.  You can really feel the difference on uphills and downhills as expected, but also on the flat.