Hard or softtail?

Molifi

Was commenting on 2 posts at once. I do recall alot of what Ghandi said' date=' why?

[/quote']

One day we'll be judged by the way we have treated our animals...

So you want to do the anti fur naked bike ride in Cape Town?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only old people ride soft tails.

LOLLOLLOL

Hey' date=' Watch the clip above...Even though as Ive said way back in this thread, I have now got a HT with 80mm fork which I intend to ride/race a bit. which does prove there are some use for the old HT..And I admit It is fast, I do like some of it, and If I ride my roadbike everyday then even the 85mm of frontsuspention feels like a luxury..

BUT there is still the other side of our sport which is like the clip posted above (someone else posted it cant remember who)  those kids that eat sh*t... they are like you hardtailers ....speedbumps LOLLOLLOL no that was just a joke.. I will be skinned allive, I just had to say that..no really, a joke..

As you Hardtail ers have said It is possible to ride that Worldcup DH course on a Hardtail right..

and thats also the reason Greg Minaar Is going back to racing a HT because you dont need the suspention....?

Im trying to make a point here..there is a whole other genre of riding that do Include High speed, "skill" (and no that is not just the thing you use to keep your HT upright through a rocky section)

There are True mtbikers out there, and on here, that dont ride a roadbike for fitness, that prefer to keep it 100% dirty if possible, that think dirtroads are brainless and If we could we would like all races to look like eselfontein 80% singletrack.. and then there are those that dont Race..every ride is about exploring.. about having funn not just seing how many miles I can clock on my Garmin, and How many feet I climbed today..

What Is mountainbiking?

I used to know.. what was the question??

Oh yes.. I think its us losing sight of the big picture..

I've just completed the Baviaans and need to buy a new bike. Now I'm not sure whether to stick with a hardtail or change to a full suspension. I mostly use it for cross country riding. Speaking to the shops' date=' I get conflicting advice. How does one decide which is best? Please help Confused ![/quote']

How did you feel after the Baviaans, if you felt good and not to sore then there is no need to outlay the extra for a F/S however if you looking at doing long distance and you feel hammered after a long ride a F/S will be more forgiving on the body. anything over 4 hrs is bordering on F/S teritory however some guys can handle theharshness of the hardtail for a lot longer. Hope that helps. Hardtail Soft tail its all about personal prference there is no perfect formula. Just don't by a cheap F/S, you will regret it. Do your homework on the geometry

Thanks bos' date=' now I am confused.com[/quote']

cool, no worries, did you dig the clip? did it make you feel dirty??

I feel like shreading some Innocent singletracks to pieces right now! on my 5''cruiseWink

Thanks bos' date=' now I am confused.com[/quote']

cool, no worries, did you dig the clip? did it make you feel dirty??

I feel like shreading some Innocent singletracks to pieces right now! on my 5''cruiseWink

hee hee, you still ask! very dirty! LOL

be safe now! WinkLOL

Nobody has given a straight answer so the question remains whitch is better,let me put it this way, if you could only buy one bike then what would it be?.

Nobody has given a straight answer so the question remains whitch is better' date='let me put it this way, if you could only buy one bike then what would it be?.

[/quote']

any bike ..... just like HT or ST..or do we have to state the name, price, specs...? Wink

Nobody has given a straight answer so the question remains whitch is better' date='let me put it this way,?if you could only buy one bike?then what would it be?.

[/quote']

five-inch full-sus

Mmmm.

I own one hard tail and two full suspension bikes. Using your logic I can only presume that people who ride hard tails only do so because they don't know any better and can't afford a full suspension bike

.Smile

By the way it is not a question of age but a question of experience.
jagwil2009-08-27 07:42:23

Nobody has given a straight answer so the question remains whitch is better' date='let me put it this way, if you could only buy one bike then what would it be?.

[/quote']

Smile i think thats going to only confuse him more,

Mmmm.

I own one hard tail and two full suspension bikes. Using your logic I can only presume that people who ride hard tails only do so because they don't know any better and can't afford a full suspension bike

.Smile

By the way it is not a question of age but a question of experience.

ahhh jagwil, I actually really really like you! Big%20smile

[/quote']

five-inch full-sus

x2