Molifi

We sometimes forget why we actually got so hooked

to see girls in tight skinder broekies?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people people...talk to me about FS bikes' date=' when I am 60...that is a fair deal right?

?

As long as you are happy mountain biking, I don't care what you ride.
[/quote']

?

?

Big%20smileClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap?toatlly agree with you.....We sometimes forget why we actually got so hooked

mmmmmmmm...if this is a philosophical question, i got into mountain biking to have fun on two wheels, not make things more difficult for myself. from the outset of the sport more than three decades ago, one of the pillars of the sport was innovation: to make bikes that were lighter, bikes that went faster, smoother, stopped quicker. it sat there with the other two pillars of the sport: the outdoors and good times.

you want to be reminded of the early days, ride rigid every now and then. it keeps you from going stale. drop a sus-preferable trail on a hardtail and take a well-deserved hammering and come out hollering like a madman at the end. does the same thing.

gotta love it. holy roller2009-08-27 08:30:31

pistadex! Why am i bying it from a rooinekkie thenWink

Those english imperialists, they know their target market. He probably rides a Santa Cruz himself.

you want to be reminded of the early days, ride rigid every now and then. it keeps you from going stale. drop a sus-preferable trail on a hardtail and take a well-deserved hammering and come out hollering like a madman at the end. does the same thing.

gotta love it.

As soon as I'm off deadline I'm hitting spruit on my cx bike.

As soon as I'm off deadline I'm hitting spruit on my cx bike.

lekka! enjoy! you in the office tomorrow? want your input on something...holy roller2009-08-27 09:26:13

Wow, how hijacked can one post get...?

We now discussing work items... smiley11.gif

My ten cents on hardtail vs. squishy...

Get both. If you have one or the other already, just plan on getting both anyways. Check the terrain you're riding and pick the bike best suited for this.

My reasoning is that you'll lose that nostalgia of your first bike hanging in the garage after selling it, and you'll probably never get the chance to really know the differences if you don't ride both on the same day on the same trail.

I managed to be lucky enough to keep my first bike (hardtail), and I've decided that short races I'll stick to the hardtail. It's quick, stiff and light. Also builds more skill riding the hardtail, which should make the move to squishy more rewarding.

In the end though, we have budgets, wives and kids to consider, so not all of us would be lucky enough to have two decent MTB bikes hanging off the rails.