PPA seeding

Jaco-fiets

more than happy to do so except I work in the evening. I have sent them a mail and called so they are quite aware of the frustration. Here is my mail for what it is worth:

I am getting really frustrated with PedalPower as are many other riders' date=' and I feel that PedalPower owe us an apology and certainly at least some of our membership money back.

I paid my membership fees end June and it is now end August and the seeding and new membership still has not been completed and this is plainly unacceptable. I understand that there are some issues because of the Argus having slow times - but that was in March and there is no way that it takes this many months to sort it out.

Secondly there seems to be this desire to get the seeding etc sorted for the road season - what about the mountain bike riders? Do we get discounted fees for second rate service? Many riders are starting waaay back in the field because they are waiting for reseeding that should have been done two months ago. That is 8 races that they should be starting up front but can't because pedal power cannot get this solved.

We were told the seeding would be done by the end of this week, it is Friday and still nothing has happened and I am guessing that nothing will. Whilst I understand that Racetec does the seeding, PPA has been slack in communication to their members and have been disorganized that this should become such a fiasco for this long

I am saddened and disappointed at what I thought was a well run organization. Please guys get this right or you are going to find a great lack of support for you and your organization.
[/quote']

Brussel, will let them know, you have some value points!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fanie, how have they calculated the seedings. I thought they were supposed to use only 3 races. I have 4 one of which has a ride index of 0????

Fanie' date=' how have they calculated the seedings. I thought they were supposed to use only 3 races. I have 4 one of which has a ride index of 0????

[/quote']

they use more than 3 if you did short rides.  you'll only get a index of 0 if you won the argus. Big%20smile

But all your races will be there, but on the top 3 will be used.  Take the top 3....add and devide by 3 and see if it is correct. But I suspect there may still be a couple of bugs in the system.  My latest couple of ride are not on yet.

Guest coenie

more than happy to do so except I work in the evening. I have sent them a mail and called so they are quite aware of the frustration. Here is my mail for what it is worth:

I am getting really frustrated with PedalPower as are many other riders' date=' and I feel that PedalPower owe us an apology and certainly at least some of our membership money back.

I paid my membership fees end June and it is now end August and the seeding and new membership still has not been completed and this is plainly unacceptable. I understand that there are some issues because of the Argus having slow times - but that was in March and there is no way that it takes this many months to sort it out.

Secondly there seems to be this desire to get the seeding etc sorted for the road season - what about the mountain bike riders? Do we get discounted fees for second rate service? Many riders are starting waaay back in the field because they are waiting for reseeding that should have been done two months ago. That is 8 races that they should be starting up front but can't because pedal power cannot get this solved.

We were told the seeding would be done by the end of this week, it is Friday and still nothing has happened and I am guessing that nothing will. Whilst I understand that Racetec does the seeding, PPA has been slack in communication to their members and have been disorganized that this should become such a fiasco for this long

I am saddened and disappointed at what I thought was a well run organization. Please guys get this right or you are going to find a great lack of support for you and your organization.

[/quote']

I have also send PPA a letter (email) lets see what they say

How is this seeding just turning into a bigger and bigger mess?

I had a seeding of 24.6 in march, 23.5 in april, 21.9 in june, and now a 26.5 or something silly.

Fact is I have improved vastly, but not according to them.........

when will they get it right?

2009/07/04Pick n Pay/Weekend Argus/Rotary Knysna MTB Challenge5000:01:0002:42:5018.42057.34804

I wonder how they got to a winning time of 1 hr. Was the guy on a BMW GS or is there something wrong here? fastest mtb race ever... averaging 50km/h.

2009/08/01Die Burger Bergfietsuitdaging (voorheen Stellenbosch Bergfietsuitdaging)6000:01:0004:18:4113.923433.0798

another "special" effort at Die Burger ride. Another 1hr winning time. This time the winner averaged 60km/h. wow! I must be doing something wrong. My ave is about 14km/h!

Guest colonel

I have stayed the same the seeding for the A group thou has come down to 4.5 thou and I think it was 6 last time so the 1st few groups are alot smaller it seems.

2009/08/01Die Burger Bergfietsuitdaging (voorheen Stellenbosch Bergfietsuitdaging)6000:01:0004:18:4113.923433.0798

another "special" effort at Die Burger ride. Another 1hr winning time. This time the winner averaged 60km/h. wow! I must be doing something wrong. My ave is about 14km/h!

even though it says 1h that is not the time used to calculate. Then your seeding would have been 88 or something.

Sure, but don't they check the info before putting it on the web? How can I trust a calc if they can't even upload a results database properly?

I wasn't prepared to read through all the mudslinging/name-calling/bad-mouthing that the PPA deserves. Just hearing the some of the horror stories leaves me to believe that nothing has changed in the 12 years that I have been away from CT.

What I just cannot understand, is why the PPA doesn't use the national seeding index like the rest of RSA. They always seem to think that they above the rest and a law unto themselves.

it reminds me a of a movie I watched many years ago.... There was a sign painted on the side of the barn which read, "ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"Ouch

Just checked mine! Completely wrong AGAIN!!! Will re send my mail of a week back and see if they still ignore me

BTW madaboutmerida, the winning time is 1 minute, not 1 hour, so that makes the average 3600km/h... which is not half bad for a MTB!