why jumping lights should be allowed...

Tumbleweed

Permission to jump red lights granted

but I have some probing questions:

1) What the hell are you doing riding on tar [read roads with traffic lights] in the first place????

2) Who let the pensioner out on the streets.They are just as dangerous on foot as they are on wheels.

3) What is best - tube or tubeless?

I wonder if that bait dangling lot over on the other motoring forum would like the idea of cyclists legally being allowed to jump red robotsOuch

Guest coenie

I think that someone should post that link on the motoring forum so we can piss them off even more

:-)

well if you have a death wish, join the bedfordview group, jumping robots at 40ood ks an hr is a bit insane..... hey i do it when it safe to do so but not at those speeds and with 30 or so in the group.

I disagree.

If we as a cycling community want respect on the roads then we should respect the laws of the roads.

No red light jumping even if it is safe to do so.

Hairy

Guest coenie

I am not saying that jumping a red light without checking is a good idea...just wanted to spice up things on the Motoring forum.....

:-)

Guest coenie

I disagree.

If we as a cycling community want respect on the roads then we should respect the laws of the roads.

Hairy

I commute often and the ONLY way to arrive alive is to jump light while it red, because ALL cars are then stationary and you have around 5 sec to cross the intersection else the cars pull away and when they are turning left and you want to go straight you can not get over the intersection......

I commute often and the ONLY way to arrive alive is to jump light while it red' date=' because ALL cars are then stationary and you have around 5 sec to cross the intersection else the cars pull away and when they are turning left and you want to go straight you can not get over the intersection......[/quote']

does not make sense. Either you are on the wrong side of the lane or you do not know the law. If it's a left turn lane then you should be on the turning car's right hand side. If they can go straight or turn left, you just stand where you are suppose to but just infront of the car. He/she/it then does not have an option then to wait for you to get out of the way.

I disagree.

Hairy

I commute often and the ONLY way to arrive alive is to jump light while it red' date=' because ALL cars are then stationary and you have around 5 sec to cross the intersection else the cars pull away and when they are turning left and you want to go straight you can not get over the intersection......[/quote']

But Coenie .....

When you are at the red light look into the drivers eyes so that they know you are there.

You should be riding in the yellow line anyway so they should not be endangering you in most instances.

I also commute 4 times a week and will not risk my life by doing this. I have seen enough cars driving through RED lights to not even take a chance when they have a GREEN signal ... I know you are saying to cross when it is safe, but there will be the one time when it looks safe and human error kicks in whereby the car that was stationary a few seconds ago has now pulled out of the parking bay and is now bearing down on you....

Keep to the rules and stay safe. Every time you jump that red light while the motorist sits behind you it worsens our image on the roads and further frustrates the motorist who might give you a gap in the traffic before to now decide that if you can't be forthcoming on the road then why should he pass you with a generous space.

Keep it real guy ... (enter the voice from the Heineken add)