OFM

cyclingfan

Bleom & OFM are great - the place is small enough that almost anywhere is central but I would say City Lodge or find a B & B

Find a B&B ( one of the thousands )  in either Westdene, Brandwag, Universitas or Parkwest.  You can always check with me if I maybe know the quality.  Otherwise there is a few hotels within 3 blocks of the start, but that will be more pricey Jackes17542009-08-31 09:47:13

Words not to be used in the same sentence: Bloem & decent. LOL

Hey boet, my parents still live in Bfn! And it used to be home to me for 20 years! If you went there and couldn't find a "decent" place, well, that is your problem!

The OFM classic is a great race - Mostly flat..Some small hills here and there but nothing that will kill you...

There are plenty of good DECENT B&B in Bfn.

OK.  Never done the OFM.  Where do you stay in Bloems which is central  not to expensive and decent.

PM me if you need more info on Bfn - Going there in November to do the first edition of the MTB race!

• 2 weeks later...

Rant On....

I did the race last year (my first road race ever) and it was damn easy. This year I intent to do the MTB on the Saturday and the Road on the Sunday. But can you imagine the joy in my heart when I found out that you pay a total of R20 for admin fees if you book online for the 2 races. Now I know it is not a lot of money, but R10 on a R50 race is a 20% admin fee (apparently that is what the people doing the online entries charge). So now I'm printing out the entry forms (25c each) filling it out and faxing it to them (R1-50), so that one of the sorry souls in the office get the poor paper and have to enter it manually (will take the person about 10 minutes so lets say it will cost them R50 in labour fees), so I can save R18. Then I will phone them in a week to confirm the details are correct (seeing that some office data capturer did it from my scribbly handwriting) and waste another 15 minutes of their time. My oh my, but I can be a moaning old man when I want to be........ <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Event organisers need to get on with times. They are wasting time and money by trying to do things manually.

I have stayed at the Anta Boga hotel and would recommend them.  Contact details are 051 444 4643 or www.antaboga.com i can't recall the exact rates so check with them.
That must've cost a pretty penny, but yes, walking distance from start that one

I have stayed at the Anta Boga hotel and would recommend them.  Contact details are 051 444 4643 or www.antaboga.com i can't recall the exact rates so check with them.
That must've cost a pretty penny' date=' but yes, walking distance from start that one
[/quote']

I don't recall the exact cost but it was only slightly more than some the B&B's i had phoned and like you said, nice and close to everything.

Planning to do the OFM this year. Will be driving up from Cape Town and planning to bring along a few guys from my cycle club (a Posse). Need to do a road trip... Have phoned a few self catering places - good price and fairly close to the start.

Will be my first OFM - how is the seeding done? How many starting groups? How many cyclists took part in the OFM last year?

Stayed at Baynes Bains game lodge last year' date=' about 4km's from start.  Very nice place to stayThumbs%20Up[/quote']   Yes, that is recommendable, I even know someone owning a flat there Wink.  The route also goes past this place, it is on the outskirts of town but a very easy downhill to the start for you and your cycle.  And if you believe in a red wine or two the eve before than you're in the right part of town   LOL

Jackes17542009-09-15 02:22:48