Creaking Seatpost

Zula

Hi all,

I have a hardtail MTB. My seat/seat post creaks every time I go over some bumps (pretty much most of the time) and its darn irritating.

Any suggestions??

Ive given it a serious clean and sprayed some lube into all the little crevices.

Its an X mission seat post and does'nt appear to be ne piece. There is like a head piece which fits into the post. Maybe its that??

Any suggestions would be great. Not in the mood for spending cash on a new one.

Cheers

Its so irritating.

By the sounds of it you've also had no luck.

Have u replaced the seat post??

Had the same problem, i took my whole seat post and seat apart, undid all the screws ect, cleaned them all, put them back in and tighened them hard and wiped my seat post with a dry cloth and the inside of the seat tube (where the post goes in) also q-20 the post a little, rub it in. Hope this helps!

My seat post creaks like MutherF%&ker!

So every now and then I take the whole thing apart, wash in hot water to remove all the gunk. Same for the saddle - take all the bits off that I can without ruining it then after its all dry - Q20 or WD40 in the all the hard to reach places. Lightly greese all the bits of the seatpost. Reassemble and repeat in a few weeks time

try clean the seat post and seat post clamp then apply some greese to the seat post (beware if either is carbon-you get special greese to use on carbon) and also inbetween the frame and seat post clamp. this worked for me.

Glad to see I am not alone. I have picked up a creaking sound. Removed and cleaned the seat post and seat tube. Re-torqued the seat clamp to specification and my reward - the same creaking persisted. I am of the opinion my seat is the source of my discontentSmile.

I feel that mine is too. Its a Fizik wingflex and from what I can tell, the source of the noise comes from where the rails disappear under the nose of the saddle.

DaveT I have a selle italia and im of the same opinon. I also thinks its coming from there!!

Tried to get some q20 in there but no luck as of yet.

Gave it a good cleaning and greasing last night but still no luck. Maybe a new seat post???

I feel that mine is too. Its a Fizik wingflex and from what I can tell' date=' the source of the noise comes from where the rails disappear under the nose of the saddle.

[/quote']

Think this is my problem as well. Have a Sella Italia C2 Gel Flow, of late I have noticed the nose is lose on the seat stays. I have the feeling there is no easy fix for my lose seat nose.

DaveT I have a selle italia and im of the same opinon. I also thinks its coming from there!!

Tried to get some q20 in there but no luck as of yet.

Gave it a good cleaning and greasing last night but still no luck. Maybe a new seat post???

Do you have another saddle to test with? In my case I think the saddle makes the noise, the seat post and bike frame amplifies it.

My seat creaked like crazy until I found the problem. Think its call seat creep. The seat would slow creep back which resulted in too much weight at the back. Have not figured out how to prevent it but have considered lock tight.

Begin 93kg also makes it worse

Dont have another saddle unfortunately :(

Im assuming theres no way to take a seat apart???

My seat creaked like crazy until I found the problem. Think its call seat creep. The seat would slow creep back which resulted in too much weight at the back. Have not figured out how to prevent it but have considered lock tight.Begin 93kg also makes it worse

So how did you fix it???? I weigh 90kg's so im roughly the same. Do i need to go on a diet??? hahaha