"Granny gear saved my bike last night"

Goose1

last night at 02H45 a "fellow south african" decided to climb over my wall with an electric fence and "borrow" my mtb.

however after the dogs alerted me to his presence i managed to awaken myself and chase the "f....er"screaming down the quiet neighborhood road that i was going to place a piece of "lead" somewhere in his body!However in true south african spirit and sitting on my lovely mtb the "f....er"  carried on ,unperturbed about my presence, an his possible departure to "greener pastures". however, to his demise i had left the bike in "granny gear" and the faster he peddled the faster i ran.

upon catching up with th new "affirmative rider" my right hand helped him perform a spectacular dismount and he ran off screaming into the night" it wasn't me boss, it wasn't me boss".

so when leaving your mtb unattended always leave it in the "granny gear" cos you never know when you might have to chase your  own bike down??

GOOSE12009-09-03 04:48:17

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was not me , but i wont do it again.good for you.i also do the same with the granny gear.reteid2009-09-03 04:49:19

Funny story (the part of the granny gear) and great news that you got your bike back !!! Hopefully he squashed his balls when hopping on the seat while he was busy giving a 110% in granny gear !Gillie2009-09-03 04:55:37

Guess not everyone's a rocket scientist...

Good work, hope the right hand had something hard in it.

the dismount was good, but i have never seen a person start running in mid flight cos when i looked again my bike was there and no rider????

however the other warning i forgot to post was never grab an electric fence thinking its not working, cos in my  now 'bullet proof" state i bare handed tested my fence  trying to ascertain how the"f....er" could have beaten my security system and i cost me an hour extra before i could close my eyes again??

I vote this as post of the year!

One other thing you could do is unlink the quicklink (just so chain is not joined) then see what the buggers do! (Just remember to reconnect before you ride again Wink.)