DE-al Development Programme

pedal

This is plea to all Hubbers and their friends from the Cape area..... We are in desparate need of help to kit out 51 development riders, whom we have taken on board in a new programme together with PPA.

Should you have any unused cycling equipment, bikes (MTB or Racers), pedals, helmets, gloves, clothing, in fact any cycling related goods, and wish to dump them, We will willingly come and cart all away for you, and make very good use of all items. Restricted gears are also in short supply, and badly required for use at the EvE schools tour in Ju

A very big thank you to those that have helped out thus far..... JimmyB, MDK555, Marius, Nicky and PPA.  An article appeared in the Cape Argus last Thursday, and I would like to repeat, what a humble experience it is to help  these kids.........  Please, look in your garages, spare rooms, wherever, and give me a call.

Thanks from the bottom of our hearts.

Midge and Pedal (083 321 7253)

Was a pleasure to help and was kinda scary to think that I filled a black bag with old cycling tops, gloves, beenies, tracksuit pants and even had two pairs of cycling shoes.  I am sure that everyone must have some stuff they dont need. Keep up the great work.

Worst idea ever

Development riders only ride the gravy train. Very few if any make it.

They should ride for team" I want".

MAMA, go fly a kite!!

Pedal, I have just cleand out my cupboard and have quite a few tops and shorts, unfortunatly they are all large.

no matter, where can I drop them off? I am in Cape Town regularly.

Get some BEE compliant businesses to give you money to buy what you need. These guys do not want hand me downs. They want top brand new stuff.

Hope you have some white kids as development riders as well.

Guest colonel

HAHAH BM were you abused as a kid with barbed wire and now it burns when you piss?? You make me laugh dude.

Big Mamma I AM A PERSON OF COLOUR.You and your kind will always remain what you are "As*&^%ole" Not all persons of colour are deemed to be from the school of "I WANT"

Some of us try and do our best with what we have and achieve results which will put you to shame anyday. My youngsters do their best and try to even the playing fields on their bikes without begging for handouts but kindly receive what is given from their fellow cyclists and the like.

To prove my point look at the results for "ISAAC MUDAU" here is a development rider going out there week in and week out challenging the best in the country on his BIKE and achieving results in his second year of riding in formal races. Last year in the A bunch he won some races in Gauteng and this year he has yet to finish outside the top 15 in the ELITE bunch so go fly your kite in the Dark you fool.

To all those working for development keep it up you will always be appreciated by a few of us who see the real work been done by yourselves.

Big Mamma a pity you were not at the SA Track champs to see these development riders repay their mentors and helpers with the manner in which they rode with PRIDE.   

Dont take BM too seriously. She's a professional troll. She likes to talk sh*t in all the topics

This article from big ma made me smile.... a youngster wanted a pair of glasses... he got a pair, probably third hand me downs.... has worn them every event, every outing and his mom has a problem getting them off at bed time.........

2nd issus.... child rides in shorts, oversized T Shirt and slops.... got kitted out, yes shirt is a little large.... but hey presto, he improved his time, style and has the largest smile ever.......

DO i need to go on.... no, and I would personally like to invite you Big Mama, to come along and watch these kids.... Oh, and please don't bring any thing with, but an open mind...... give me a call, and I'll let you know where we will be this wednesday........ look forward to meeting you.

Dick,  thanks very much. I am in Northern suburbs, but can arrange to meet along the way. Give me a call please. 083 321 7253.

Large is fine, as some of the parents and coaches are also in need of some items, as they also assist, and we would like to keep them on the road.

We have a few large scholars, so all is appreciated.

Big M.... sorry, never actually read your post correctly.  Never did I mention that they wanted to make it big (in my post)... our programme just gets them out of there surroundings for a while, and enjoy a little TLC. Shocked May I add, that any colour may attend.ClapClapClap..... no rules there, other than Scholar age groups.smiley4.gif... C U SOONpedal2007-05-02 06:23:06