race for victory

fastlegs

I hear that this race takes on a slightly new route this year and has a sand road section to cross over for the start/finish (are they trying to do a Paris -Roubaix here). Some tell me it is not a smooth surface and really bumpy (and if it rains the night before it will be a mud bath) whereas others say it is fine ... who do I believe???

Eshh' date=' are you serious. Will the sand road be a nutral zone?

[/quote']

Have done it on the MTB once before, its about 600m's, yes it will be a neutral zone.

If it's wet it will be a total stuff up

I am sure they will scrape it or something before the race, it is reather bumpy and not road friendly at all.

Went over it with the car on saturday and its not too nice.

Its about a km from the start and finish 

Where will it start and end? Heard Frances Vorwerg from some and rand water board from others ......

BB its starts on the Randwater Road, next to the cemetary/golf course, you ride out south towards the R 59 and turn right onto the gravel road, towards Alewynspoort rd, and then right onto that.

Coming back, in stead of turning right to go up the steps - from SBR side - you continue straight over the R 59, right and right onto the gravel again, left to the finish.

oh fab, but how will they control the neutral zone on the way back - everyone jostling for place - sounds like fun this!

Is it that gravel road that crosses the klip? Quite wide road but currently has quite some 'corrugations' .....

that is it yes

lotsa corru's yes!!!

oh fab' date=' but how will they control the neutral zone on the way back - everyone jostling for place - sounds like fun this![/quote']

no one said anything about the neutral zone on the way backBig%20smile then its take your chances and live with it!

oh fab' date=' but how will they control the neutral zone on the way back - everyone jostling for place - sounds like fun this![/quote']

Luckily i will be no where near the front smiley36.gif