most stylish rider ever?

Tumbleweed

was paging through a pictorial history of the tour last night and was reminded of the story of the swiss rider hugo koblet, who always carried a comb and cologne during races. he's gotta rate as one of the most stylish men ever in the peloton. who do you rate?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean Kelly. Most stylish. Most coolestest!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_I4Snyzw2IMM/Sd64y5Jb0jI/AAAAAAAADFU/PLmEi7AtoXk/s400/sean_kelly_roubaix_1983.jpg

http://irishcycling.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/0024852l.jpg

Remember when Vin Diesel said its not about how you stand by your car, its how you race your car, or some such crap? Well, it's the same on a bike, being stylish aint about your slicked back hair and your blinging shoes and assorted crap. It's all about how much style and panache you have when pedalling.

Vernon Koekemoer also wears an aluminium comb ...... maybe a carbon fibre comb...... in his white sock to comb his Brylcreem saturated hair. He may also use Old Colony behind his ears ..... I am not sure about that!!!!!!!!!

It's all about how much style and panache you have when pedalling.

then beat this....

In the Tour de Suisse (Koblet) had combed his hair on the hardest climb to give the impression of ease; in reality he was suffering with piles but it fooled his rivals.

then beat this....

In the Tour de Suisse (Koblet) had combed his hair on the hardest climb to give the impression of ease; in reality he was suffering with piles but it fooled his rivals.

Why must I try and "beat it"? Your OP asked "who do we rate?" Can't I have an opinion? Are you the lord and master of the interwebs? Go bone your dog, why don't you.

then beat this....

Why must I try and "beat it"? Your OP asked "who do we rate?" Can't I have an opinion? Are you the lord and master of the interwebs? Go bone your dog' date=' why don't you.[/quote']

a bit touchy...you still miffed that i wouldn't have dinner with you? sad, lonely boy...

then beat this....

Why must I try and "beat it"? Your OP asked "who do we rate?" Can't I have an opinion? Are you the lord and master of the interwebs? Go bone your dog' date=' why don't you.[/quote']

a bit touchy...you still miffed that i wouldn't have dinner with you? sad, lonely boy...

Like I said before, if you have an issue with me, come on over and stand up for yourself. Why do you feel it necessary to personally attack me on this forum every opportunity you get?

then beat this....

Like I said before, if you have an issue with me, come on over and stand up for yourself. Why do you feel it necessary to personally attack me on this forum every opportunity you get?

cos i like annoying you.