Cyclists behaving ...... badly!!!!!!

Guest Big H

I behave badly sometimes when riding to work and back.. like when I hit the foot paths you get some black folk either walking up or down the paths.. then sometimes I'll come up behind them and just go "Wwwwaaaa!!!!" LOL' date=' sh*t they get such a fright[/quote']

You racist bastard! You better start doing this to white people as well!

Come on Loopy, fair is fair.smiley2.gif

I know, hmmmm Big%20smile

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I behave badly sometimes when riding to work and back.. like when I hit the foot paths you get some black folk either walking up or down the paths.. then sometimes I'll come up behind them and just go "Wwwwaaaa!!!!" LOL' date=' sh*t they get such a fright[/quote']

Get a helmetcam and videotape it...... place it on YouTube..... just make verrrry sure you do not stay in a University Hostel in some plattelandese dorp in the Freestate!!!!!!!!

ermmm,  you are going to get into trouble fruity.

Why, we're white, the african people are black, the chinese are yellow, the indians are close to black, and the coloured people are inbetween, there's nothing racist about that now Tongue

Porky / Big - H. I think the next post by Gasping indicates how we have to ride. The last time I looked driving drunk was a crime! And been hit and maybe killed by a drunk drive point 2 was even a bigger crime.

And if you did not no what the crime stats were about then go and get a back dated news paper or a recorded version of Carte Blanche! It deals with about 15 different aspects of crime from petty shoplifting to murder.

Big%20smile I sometimes glide up behind dozy pedestrians and then lock my rear brake and watch them jump. Evil%20Smile

Porky / Big - H. I think the next post by Gasping indicates how we have to ride. The last time I looked driving drunk was a crime! And been hit and maybe killed by a drunk drive point 2 was even a bigger crime.

Icycling, I think you misread my post.

If you want to have debate regarding the crime in this country, please start another thread, or even better, start an initiative and do something about it.

Not having a go at you, just trying to defend my post.

I am starting to think our society has become so use to crime, we have even forgotten what crime is! Ever got a speeding fine?

Why speeding is also a crime! If you guys feel that only murder is a crime what has society come too - a lawless country - the wild west!

Ever heard of white collared crime - yes it also crime, which normally directly only involves paper / money or bank transfers!

Maybe your definition of crime and my definition of crime are to completely things!

I am starting to think our society has become so use to crime' date=' we have even forgotten what crime is! Ever got a speeding fine?

Why speeding is also a crime! If you guys feel that only murder is a crime what has society come too - a lawless country - the wild west!

Ever heard of white collared crime - yes it also crime, which normally directly only involves paper / money or bank transfers!

Maybe your definition of crime and my definition of crime are to completely things! [/quote']

Agree Icycling. Crime is Crime no matter how trivial!!

It was interesting to see a post earlier on where speeding and using a cell phone whilst driving was deemed to be 'OK'.

But as mentioned, this is an altogether separate topic although it does have some relevance.

I am starting to think our society has become so use to crime' date=' we have even forgotten what crime is! Ever got a speeding fine?

Maybe your definition of crime and my definition of crime are to completely things! [/quote']

Now that you are firmly on your soapbox/podium/electoral platform, please tell me who you are referring to?

I have not forgotten what crime is. I have had a gun to my head while watching the rest of my family have a gun to theirs as well.  Does that mean that the country is shot to hell? NO! There are individuals who are criminally inclined, not every SA citizen in a criminal. The problem is not the crime, it is how it is dealt with.

Yes, I have gotten a speeding fine. Who said that only murder is a crime?

Yes I have heard of white collar crime. Normally referred to a fraud. What, pray tell are you on about? What exactly does this have to do with cyclists behaving badly? Are you inferring that they people in the photographs are involved in this type of criminal activity?

Have you ever received a speeding fine? Have you ever pedalled your bike to a speed over 60 km/h? I hope not!

Perhaps you should change your name to George Washington or Mahatma Ghandi.
Gasping2009-09-29 01:48:12

Crime is Crime no matter how trivial!!

A little of topic. My sunday school teacher told me this same bullsh*t. A sin is a sin, there is no big or small sins. But somehow I think I will sleep easier at night if I got a traffic fine than if I commited a murder.

would love to sneak out behind you on a piece of singletrack and do the same thing, then ride away giggling at the sight of you pulling yourself out of the thornbush smiley15.gif

My random comments:

1) If a farmer was driving his tractor at 40kph - no worries - if he was driving next to another farmer in a tractor driving at 40kph so they could have a chat I would do my nut.

2) Regardless of who is wrong and right and what is legal and not legal a car will always win a fight with a bicycle - ride your bike according to this rule.

3) The "I want to chat to my buddy whilst riding and the guys in cars get to to it so I'm going to ride two abreast" argument is stoooopid (see point number 2)

4) Ultimately the only person's actions you can control is your own - ride and drive in a manner that is safe, predictable and courteous.

5) Stop the eternal drivers are worse than riders/riders are worse than drivers debate - it is irrelevant.

That is all - as you were...

Perhaps you should change your name to George Washington or Mahatma Ghandi.

... or capecyclist2, you seem related !

My random comments:

1) If a farmer was driving his tractor at 40kph - no worries - if he was driving next to another farmer in a tractor driving at 40kph so they could have a chat I would do my nut.

2) Regardless of who is wrong and right and what is legal and not legal a car will always win a fight with a bicycle - ride your bike according to this rule.

3) The "I want to chat to my buddy whilst riding and the guys in cars get to to it so I'm going to ride two abreast" argument is stoooopid (see point number 2)

4) Ultimately the only person's actions you can control is your own - ride and drive in a manner that is safe' date=' predictable and courteous.

5) Stop the eternal drivers are worse than riders/riders are worse than drivers debate - it is irrelevant.

That is all - as you were...
[/quote']

Oh and sneaking up behind pedestrians and shouting/locking brakes aint cool. All it does is add to the us versus them mentality.

Man I am getting old and boring...

I am starting to think our society has become so use to crime, we have even forgotten what crime is! Ever got a speeding fine?

Maybe your definition of crime and my definition of crime are to completely things!

Agree Icycling. Crime is Crime no matter how trivial!!

It was interesting to see a post earlier on where speeding and using a cell phone whilst driving was deemed to be 'OK'.

But as mentioned, this is an altogether separate topic although it does have some relevance.

Everybody speeds,if you go 70 in 60 zone so you all are quilty i even take my number plate of and the camera the finger as it flashes so sue meEvil%20Smile