Dont be stupid Joburg roadies

thehermanator

This morning at 5:40 I stood waiting for the traffic lights at the intersection of <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Loch and

Jan Smuts Ave
in Parktown. A group of riders came down Jan Smuts towards Braamfontein, most of them manage to cross while the light was still greenClap, but 3 riders rode over the red traffic light and I must say they were not very brightly dressed and not merely enough flashing lights in my opinion to make them visibleWacko. Ask yourself if another motorist who is not observant would have ploughed into you, and one of your mates have to go tell your family what happened? Come on don?t be freaking cowboys and skip traffic light where you clearly know that it?s dangerous. I am all for skipping lights if it?s safe to do so, but this morning it was just plain stupid.Angry AngryAngry <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

happens all the time' date=' each day of the week.[/quote']

Yea but this could have gone so wrong.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

BTW I saw a **** doing the same thing on Barry Hertzog! Didn't get to have a chat with him this time.......

Hey, I see cyclists acting like this on roads on the east rand everyday... But they're east rand roadies...

Cars do it' date=' bikes do it - even educated w@nkers do it. Lets do it - let's all get killed. Woohoo.[/quote']

Slipknot version to a happy song from the 90's hmm?

No but seriously, the same thing happens on Witkoppen everyday and those traffic lights are out 90% of the time!

found this on eco-action.org the other day...

Q: Have you ever used your bike in the commission of a crime?

A: Every good cyclist should!

I passed a HUGE group of cyclists on the old Pretoria road on Saturday. They were all in single-file and riding on the shoulder. It just made me happy.

I passed a HUGE group of cyclists on the old Pretoria road on Saturday. They were all in single-file and riding on the shoulder. It just made me happy.

ClapSomething positive.

The rest of this tread is a everyday fact. Pllt skip lights all the time. Let everyone stand in for themselves.

Just remember - if a car skip a light and crash with another car - chances of survival is relatively good compared to a cyclist been taken out by a car from the side! Shocked

Take a picture and post it on here with the title -

Cyclists behaving ..... well!!!!!

and we'll see how many 'hits' it gets, and how many pages the thread runs toWink

levett2009-10-01 01:02:12

and we'll see how many 'hits' it gets' date=' and how many pages the thread runs toWink

[/quote']

That heading is an oxymoron...... it does not exist!!!!!!!

The posting on the previos page about Robots out in Witkoppen...... the general rule is that the intersection should then operate as a four way stop AND EVEN MORE CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN THAN USUAL!!!!!!!!...... but it is useless telling that to testosterone driven cyclists in a bunch.

and we'll see how many 'hits' it gets' date=' and how many pages the thread runs toWink

[/quote']

That heading is an oxymoron...... it does not exist!!!!!!!

The posting on the previos page about Robots out in Witkoppen...... the general rule is that the intersection should then operate as a four way stop AND EVEN MORE CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN THAN USUAL!!!!!!!!...... but it is useless telling that to testosterone driven cyclists in a bunch.

On behalf of all my roadie friends, give it a break please.Wink