Entry level event

benadeja

I would say stick with whatever bike you have. On another thread (a while back admittedly) some one said it is better to finish the race on your "cheapie" than get passed by a "cheapie" on your Pinarello.

You ride what you can afford and/or justify.

Good luck with the training. Keep the rubber side down.

The RC3000 is the Toyota Corolla of cycling.

When you get Golf GTi legs' date=' get a fancier bike.

[/quote']

I WANT ONE Tongue

Thanks for all the advice now the next question what is a decent average speed I should be able to keep up for the duration of the race to be able to finish before they end/cutoff most of these races ?

enjoy the ride. that's the most important bit. if you enjoy it, you'll keep coming back for more.

The RC3000 is the Toyota Corolla of cycling.

When you get Golf GTi legs' date=' get a fancier bike.
[/quote']

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Then what is the GTI of cycling ?

Most races offer shorter distances,but if you see the cut of time given,it is manageable with basic training.and that sense of achievment would be very motivating..isnt rc6000 the gti?but then you get the rc3000carbon

Best thing you can do is move your Raleigh to the garage, then drive over it and buy yourself a mountain bike.Big%20smile

"It is not about the bike" and I quote<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I had a Raleigh RC1000 and in my 1st year and 94.7 I managed a 3:02. You feel great (and laugh afterwards) when who pass other cyclist on their full carbon bikes. Training is the key and enjoy cycling.

Best thing you can do is move your Raleigh to the garage' date=' then drive over it and buy yourself a mountain bike.Big%20smile[/quote']

LOLLOL Where I stay there is no bushes only roads so no use for a MTB for me.

"It is not about the bike" and I quote?>

I had a Raleigh RC1000 and in my 1st year and 94.7 I managed a 3:02. You feel great (and laugh afterwards)?when who pass other cyclist on their full carbon bikes. Training is the key and enjoy cycling.

Its an awsome feeling after training hard and doing that,Lance was spot on when he said that

The Girls High School in Springs has a funrace this Sunday.  Relatively flat race 4 different distances of which the middle one is 67km.

Best thing you can do is move your Raleigh to the garage' date=' then drive over it and buy yourself a mountain bike.Big%20smile[/quote']

I think I must come over to Witbank and kick you in the n*ts, how can you say that. Why don't you gooi your MTB in the dam and buy a road bike????

LOLLOLLOL

[i think I must come over to Witbank and kick you in the n*ts' date= how can you say that. Why don't you gooi your MTB in the dam and buy a road bike????

LOLLOLLOL
[/quote]

TongueTongue Just might sink in the dam

[i think I must come over to Witbank and kick you in the n*ts' date= how can you say that. Why don't you gooi your MTB in the dam and buy a road bike????

LOLLOLLOL
[/quote]

That's what we want (force him to buy a road bike)

LOLLOLLOL
[/quote]

That's what we want (force him to buy a road bike)

Stop mocking! The poor soul is from Mpumadinges - does not know what tar is smiley4.gif

Thanks for all the help so far , another thing , what is the main criteria I should meet before attempting to enter my 1st cycle race , keeping in mind I've been cycling about 3 months , and I'm cycling on my own not with a group every weekend ?