NCR: Stove Plug No socket?

Marius

Hi Guys,

Me and Lilo finally got a new stove, for free nogals but now the stove came with a plug effek ( Green thing in pic ) and out the wall comes three cables, I like the green and yellow one the most and then there is one black and one red one.

The Plug thingy has 4 pee-pee's sticking out so many it has 4 wires? Anyways, so now, how do I get these two cables connected without burning down the place?

20091013_035921_stove.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, read your post properly. Am I correct by saying that on the stove side there is a green/yellow, a black & a red wire?

It's got 4 wires in the green plug, 3Red and 1Black. I got the stove for free you think I'm gonna pay some yahoo to put a plug thingy on... Can't I buy a adapter or converter or a socket thing?

Sounds like your new stove is 3 phase. Normally the 4 pin plug is for industrial equipment.

You need a pro to sort this out.

Oi M I suppose that the money saved on the stove is going towards the ring ........

Is everyone a Clown TODAY/?Wink

It's got 4 wires in the green plug' date=' 3Red and 1Black. I got the stove for free you think I'm gonna pay some yahoo to put a plug thingy on... Can't I buy a adapter or converter or a socket thing? [/quote']

No you cant !!

Find a mate who is an electrician.

If you do it yourself you are probably not going to be doing that TT this weekend

Just take off the plug thingy, use the wires from the wall connect the red where the red one was from the plug, black where the black one was from the plug, the green and yellow is your earth wire, (black neutral, red live). That should do the trick, worked for 6 years with my father as a sparky. Any problems let me know.Wink

TT is next weekend so have time to recover from the shock.. So some one suggested I cut the plug off, connect Red to Red, Black tot Black and look for the Earth cable some were on or in the stove and connect those two as well, but then I don't know what to do with the other two red cables?>

TT is next weekend so have time to recover from the shock.. So some one suggested I cut the plug off' date=' connect Red to Red, Black tot Black and look for the Earth cable some were on or in the stove and connect those two as well, but then I don't know what to do with the other two red cables?> [/quote']

Just hang on a while will get you the details now.

lets see if I can do this with no pics. The wire from the plug take it out completely (just look where you take it from) from stove, now there should be a conector block at the back of the stove where the wires from the plug is connected....take the wires from the wall and connect it where the red black and yellow/green was connected. Just note one the stove side you need to brigde the three red cables.