Customer service - pha what a joke.

thehermanator

I am not happy about Westdene cycles, ok let me start off by saying' not their workmanship (I did not get to that part yet) so lets ignore that part for now.  Here is what happened. I took my bike in for a major service on Monday, I explicitly asked the salesman to call me if there might be anything extra than the service because I only work with cash. He agreed and told me my bike will be ready by yesterday afternoon at 4. I decided to wait for today to go fetch it. So I popped in there just after 9. Waited for 30min but still no bike, I asked them what is going on and a salesman explained to me that the rear hub bearings needs replacing ? they already ordered it. Once again no communication about extra costs or work. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So a bit ticked off, off I went to fetch more money. Knowing now how much it will cost. They also promised me that the bike will be fixed in 30 minutes, I called them before going  back and they said to come back because the bike will be ready. I waited an extra 45 minutes before they brought my bike back. Then surprise, surprise, they replaced a cable and a tube, once again without telling me. Come on this bike shop came highly recommended they suppose to be great!!! Surely it?s not about the service of the bike itself, but how you as a client are treated? Following some instructions as requested from your clients its not rocket science.

This is not a once off deal, I want to establish a decent relationship with my LBS, but how can I if they just don?t give a damn about what I request?

So this means I once again have to go find another LBS and hope they don?t mess this up. Because I sure ain't going back there again. Cry 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You never take your bike there for a service, everybody could have told you that. They are only good if you know what you want and you know what to pay for it. Otherwise they will take you for a ride. I've been using them for 23 years and they've never serviced my bikes.

Did you talk to them about it?

I did yes, and the usual story is that its someone who was to blame, those people disappear so you can not even get the real truth. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Mampara now you tell meLOL, these guys came highly recommended by a lot of people on the Hub??

I did yes' date=' and the usual story is that its someone who was to blame, those people disappear so you can not even get the real truth. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Mampara now you tell meLOL, these guys came highly recommended by a lot of people on the Hub??

[/quote']

Hermie, you took advice from someone on the Hub? Silly, silly person.smiley4.gif

It is like that everywhere, had mine "serviced" at another shop, a FEW times...the only thing they ever replaced was 2 cables....

Decided to replace the chain myself, and I laid the new and old next to each other(my lazy way of checking the right length).....here is the JOKE...the old chain was one link longer, by stretch not and extra link.....

So did the every check the chain..no!!!

I feel your pain......

While we're talking about customer service - I took my mtb wheel that was slightly oval to a well known lbs that I have been using for quite a while. I was told "sure, no problem, we can fix that easily for R40" I came back the next day as instructed, surprise surprise, not done. So, the next day I got a phone call from them telling me I needed sealant, I said "ok, I'll take a whole bottle so I can top up my other wheel". The guy on the phone told me it would be R150. So I went later to fetch my wheel - total cost R245 - He got the price for the sealant wrong and had replaced my valve core - only just had enough cash. Oh, and the wheel was exactly as I had given it to them (except for the bit of the tubeless rim strip that was now sticking out) I asked them why they hadn't fixed it and was given a story about the nipples being stuck and it being unfixable blah blah blah.

So I went to hot spot cycles, R60 and my wheel is perfect. Thanks guys smiley32.gif

Learn to service and maintain your bike yourself!! It really isn't rocket science, really!!

Bottom line is NO ONE will ever take as good care of it or be as thorough as you are!!

And you save yourself a lot of money smiley1.gif

I did yes' date=' and the usual story is that its someone who was to blame, those people disappear so you can not even get the real truth. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/quote']

Hermie, you took advice from someone on the Hub? Silly, silly person.smiley4.gif

But I trust the whole lot of youBig%20smile for example I will never, ever take my bike back to Westdene Cycles again - once again a recommendation from people on the Hub. LOLLOL

Two rules:
- NEVER service your bike at Westdene;
- NEVER service your bike at Cajees.

Never have two more true rules been spoken!

If you know your bikes, specs, group sets and picing VERY VERY well then Westdene and Cajees should be on your shopping radar.

NEVER EVER EVER service your bike there!!!

Learn to service and maintain your bike yourself!! It really isn't rocket science' date=' really!!
Bottom line is NO ONE will ever take as good care of it or be as thorough as you are!!

And you save yourself a lot of money smiley1.gif [/quote']

So when is the next workshop?- I am so there Smile

I have only been to the CycleTech shop in Kyalami once to buy some lube and the guys were friendly and helpful. Can anybody comment on their ability to service a MTB? Would like to support them if I get no adverse response.