Customer service - pha what a joke.

thehermanator

I went there a long time ago' date=' so I can't comment on them now.

One rule for CycleTech:

- NEVER p*ss off Marco.

[/quote']

I see you have a number of rules.

Care to enlighten us to the others ? LOL

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude' date=' I told you where I get my bikes serviced.

And they are a lot closer to you.   [/quote']

Hullo Sir. Where? The 5th Avenue Shoppe?

Nope, the one on 7de Laan.

No Mark is referring to Finish Line in Kempton Park - oops too late I see.
thehermanator2009-10-21 06:00:44

I service my bike myself, so have only myself to blame if something

breaks. It's also much more convenient.

If you're in the Westdene Cycles area, the three LBSes I know guys

are happy with are (in alphabetical order!):

- Dunkeld Cycles;

- Linden Cycles;

- Mike's Bikes.

Would Finish Line be the best option for the East Rand?? I'm in CT and my Mom who is new to cycling is in Benoni. Need to get her to a LBS that will help with servicing. Suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

I have only been to the CycleTech shop in Kyalami once to buy some lube and the guys were friendly and helpful. Can anybody comment on their ability to service a MTB? Would like to support them if I get no adverse response.

I went there a long time ago' date=' so I can't comment on them now.

One rule for CycleTech:
- NEVER p*ss off Marco.

[/quote']

jmaccelari, that brings back some memories.

A few years ago when I was working in Midrand I popped down to them on lunch time and Marco was on the phone with a client/supplier and was having a full go at him/her and using choice words to show his dissatifaction (I think it had something to do with a claims warranty). I just stood there and thought to myself, If this is the way he speaks to other clients, then how is he going to treat me if I have a problem. I have never been back since.

It's true what they say...first impressions last
Speed Devil2009-10-21 11:05:43

I have only been to the CycleTech shop in Kyalami once to buy some lube and the guys were friendly and helpful. Can anybody comment on their ability to service a MTB? Would like to support them if I get no adverse response.

It must depend on who you are because when I walked in there I was IGNORED flat.  I'll quite happily spend my money elsewhere. ConfusedConfusedConfused

I may not be a big spender but every cent spent adds up - and they're not going to see any of it. 

Michelle

aka Puncture Girl

Tubehunter your mom can go to Pro Cycles in Benoni. Haven't been there in a while but they were recommended to me last week.

Can't believe you people support those bike shops... same as Cajees and years ago I heard that its the same family as Cajees...

Would Finish Line be the best option for the East Rand?? I'm in CT and my Mom who is new to cycling is in Benoni. Need to get her to a LBS that will help with servicing. Suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

like caad4 says, give procycles a call on 011-425-2007. ask for paul farrance. 

This could become like a "them and us" or "mine's better tahn yours" scenario. Find the shop that treats you well and gives you good service and stick with them.

Personally, I live in Benoni and go to Finish Line in Kempton for everything.

gtr12009-10-22 01:13:31

Can't believe you people support those bike shops... same as Cajees and years ago I heard that its the same family as Cajees...

Cajees I sometimes supported because they are open on Sundays and really cheap. Westdene I will always support. Maybe not to service my bikes but to buy stuff.

jmaccelari' date=' that brings back some memories.

A few years ago when I was working in Midrand I popped down to them on lunch time and Marco was on the phone with a client/supplier and was having a full go at him/her and using choice words to show his dissatifaction (I think it had something to do with a claims warranty). I just stood there and thought to myself, If this is the way he speaks to other clients, then how is he going to treat me if I have a problem. I have never been back since.

It's true what they say...first impressions last
[/quote']

Then it wasn't the time he bliksemed the customer into the display stand?

I believe there was some provocation, but it isn't the best example of

customer relations I've heard of!!! LOL!!!

Funny thing is these shops are still in business after +-75 years. Westdene (Old man Baboo)has been running his shop in the same area for 55 years just moved down one block from old site. I wonder how they manage to keep their doors open if they are crap as some state. Cajees has grown to 9 stores as well, must be doing something right or we that support these store are real dumb which I doubt.

Service is what YOU perceive it to be .Why have you paid for work not authorised,did you dicuss this with Faried to highlight his bad staff attitude and neglect of instruction?