Mr Grumpy

hey mr grumpy

where you starting?
my buddies and i are somewhere near the end' date=' starting 9-ish or something ... bring your mountainbike with knobblies and you can ride with us - i promise it wont be a boring ride :)
[/quote']

Now that sounds like a tempting offer...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Expensive. Badly organised. Race Tec is cumbersome' date=' unreliable and uninformative. Seeding is poor. Route is boring especially the N14. Dangerous for the late starting fun riders. it was a much better race when it started at the track and went . 2009 will be my last entry.[/quote']

Gotta love "it was way better when" people.

Like stabbing shafts of darkness they slink in to blot out our light of happiness.

Come and ride with me - I promise you'll be complaining a lot more in between vomiting. Then you can moan about me. And vomiting. 2 more things you get to moan about. Bonus for you!

Come on - post under your own name - man up you big pansy boy.

hey mr grumpy

where you starting?
my buddies and i are somewhere near the end' date=' starting 9-ish or something ... bring your mountainbike with knobblies and you can ride with us - i promise it wont be a boring ride :)
[/quote']

I am starting at 7, so by the time you start I should be finished, then I can cheer you on ClapClapClap

Why bother posting!!!

It is my 1st time...only started cycling 3 months ago and i cant wait!!!!  The 1st of many to come! Smile

Mr Grumpy

Cant disagree with you more, great race, great support, well organised and maybe a bit expensive

Thanks for the invite. i'm starting at 7 and you'll probably catch me. i'll look out for the knobblies. you'll recognise me, i have a picture of tanya on my shorts.

Cool. He's back. Hope you have a lekka ride and get surprised at how styling it is to have the whole of JHB's roads closed so you can ride around the entire city on highways and all, like a private party for just cyclists and have the non cyclists cheering you on and other helpers trying to give you free energy drink, and a carinval of sorts for cyclists who make the trip there on the day, some from countries far afield and see something or someone who inspires you to continue to do this crazy thing we all enjoy out on the route. Couple of hundred bucks for the above? Value for money I say. Type up something post the ride.

Must be starting in zz with a folding bike

Just relax I am starting in zz and really looking forward to the race.

The guy is just a jackass.

I will admit to being a spectator last year thinking this is a drab but honestly, last year I missed it and I appreciated what the spectators go through. Honestly riding it is less efford!!LOL I was going to be a spectator but am now riding. Big%20smile

Anyone who sees a rider with a bunny on the bike must rip them off! They are members of the crazy cycling group called "The Cycling Bunnies" They ride for fun Dead Oh crud! I am one of them Embarrassed 

wow' date=' having a bad day? do dont HAVE to ride it you know...

for the rest of us it will be a fun day in the city on roads we only get to cycle on once a year, free of taxi's and angry residents with cattleprods...

[/quote']

maybe no keloggs at his Pick and Pay??LOL

see you all sunday what a race, weather forcast looks good, rain predicted in the afternoon, so Mr Grumpy you may get wet