On One Scandal 29er SS

SteveS

That can either be an advantage or disadvantage when it comes to horizontal dropouts on a SS.

Although I prefer an EBB, I'm warming to the idea of horizontal dropouts for a SS.

Great looking ride, I ride my ss 29er with a shock though, the added comfort is worth the weight(no pun intended).

I think if you put on a flatter stem and ride with wide riser bars your ride will be even more comfortable as riser bars have a bit of sping in them and the wider bars will enhance your climbing on a single speed.  I am looking for 710mm bars for my 29er at the moment.  Just my opinion.

Enjoy your bike, first thing you'll notice about single speed is how quiet your ride is, you only hear your tyre on the trail, your friends will start calling you the stealth bomber.
Stephan2009-11-12 05:22:10

Thanks Stephan

This is my second SS with a rigid fork. I am so used to a rigid fork by now that I ride with my hardtail MTB's suspension fork on lockout most of the time. Regarding the handle bar it is the same setup as on my hardtail.

Busch1: Due to 94.7 perpI have only been out for a short 20k ride, but it feels much faster than my old SS 26er and the ride is more comfortable with the big wheels:

Daemon: Johan Bornman got the rims from the local distibutors. There was only about a R 50 price difference per rim compared to CRC.

I did not get a price on the ZTR hubs but I am sure they would have been way above my budget. Maybe when I build up my geared racing hardtail.....