It doesnt just happen in SA

rodger

The FBD milk Ras took place in Ireland over the last week, the Irish National Team had all their equipment stolen mid way through the race, including team bikes, spare bikes as well as the Riders bikes from their trade teams.

The riders had to borrow bikes from other teams to finish the race.

The FBD milk Ras took place in Ireland over the last week' date=' the Irish National Team had all their equipment stolen mid way through the race, including team bikes, spare bikes as well as the Riders bikes from their trade teams.

The riders had to borrow bikes from other teams to finish the race.

[/quote']

can't remember a time when the SA team's equipment and bikes were stolen in the RSA.

I heard there is a big ex South african community in Ireland!!Wink

yeah and they're all white!! makes you doesn't it

It is happening a lot in Europe these days. Four races where I have been to have been hit and at least 6 more that I can think of without trying really hard.

Seems like it has become a buisiness.

A bicycle is stolen every 71 seconds in England. it's early so my maths is bad, but that's, like, 1 200 bikes every day. 444 000 a year. yikes 

A bicycle is stolen every 71 seconds in England. it's early so my maths is bad' date=' but that's, like, 1 200 bikes every day. 444 000 a year. yikes [/quote']

The insurance premiums must be hell

In China there is virtually nil % bicycle theft - and its got the biggest population of bicycle riders around.

You seldom even see one chained or locked.

Must have something to do with that little word "LAW ENFORCEMENT"

As an aside, about two months ago our offices were broken into and a few computers stolen - the security company phoned the Police immediately - we are still awaiting their arrival!!.

Last week the offices were broken into again, same thing, phoned the police immediately - I dont hold out much hope of seeing them.!!

Actually once a policeman did phone, the conversation went something like this -

Police - do you know who broke in?

Me - No.

Police - could you identify anybody.

Me - No

Police - So,..............how can we find them?

Me - Maybe come and take a statement, perhaps dust for fingerprints, ask some staff members, I dont know thats your job.?

Police - Errrr - Yes, but how can we find them?

Me - Dont worry I am insured just give me the case number.

Police - Yes, its ..........!

Bye.       

In my opinion the attitude is " heres a case number claim from your insurance, we cant find them."   

Happens everywhere... something like 34 bikes were stolen at the 2004 Transalps as well.

Bikes also get stolen in South Korea, one of the most 'honest' countries when it comes to theft.