LIVESTRONG. For cancer?

Speedi

Hey guys, I get a lot of people tuning me about selling the Livestrong wristbands, and asking where the money REALLY goes?

Well, my uncle donates $1000 each year to the cause, and gets a letter directly from Lance to thank him for his support. Now this got me thinking, surely Lance wouldnt go to so much trouble if the money went to his back pocket?

Click here

do you make profit out of selling the wristbands?

I had the very first livestrong band in the country. More than a year before it got popular. When people started asking for it  I ordered 200 and sold them at a huge profit. Most people that bought it had no clue what it represented..but it was cool to be seen with it.

I had the very first livestrong band in the country. More than a year before it got popular. When people started asking for it  I ordered 200 and sold them at a huge profit. Most people that bought it had no clue what it represented..but it was cool to be seen with it.

mr trendsetterBig%20smile

Does it matter?

was just wondering out loud?

I hear you. Personally don't mind Speedi making profit; as long as LAF uses all the money they receive for the intended purpose

Well, he is on the bleeding edge of all things fashionable, being in the states and all...

Well' date=' he is on the bleeding edge of all things fashionable, being in the states and all...
[/quote']

Piss of moffie. We got the interwebs so I know whats going on!

Going through all the trouble and not making some cash would be silly, don't you think?

Speedi, people only jealous they did not take the opportunity first.  The money going to the Livestrong foundation should already be included in the price Speedi pays for it.

Well' date=' he is on the bleeding edge of all things fashionable, being in the states and all...
[/quote']

Piss of moffie. We got the interwebs so I know whats going on!

Piss of moffie, eye of newt, hubble bubble....

Going through all the trouble and not making some cash would be silly' date=' don't you think?

?

Speedi, people only jealous they did not take the opportunity first.? The money going to the Livestrong foundation?should already be included in the price Speedi pays for it.
[/quote']

Spot on mate... well, im 16 years old, and have sold about 500 countrywide, so I think its pretty good and its helped me get some good experience... And also, got the Livestrong brand a bit of exposure in SA again... I hope some people will keep selling these... It is for the best

smiley1.gif

Mr Holy! Well, that depends on whether I pay customs or not.

If I pay customs, I normally make R4-6 per band. If customs don't nail me, up to R10 per band...

Its not a lot in the big scheme of things, I still have to make a plan to get to the PO at least twice a week and purchase padded envelopes...

I'm sorry guys - it's WRONG that you make a profit off the bands. Why not donate that to LiveSTRONG also? I've seen idiots at bikeshops like Cyclelab sell the bands for R 50-00 each. It sucks!!!

Do the right thing!

I'm sorry guys - it's WRONG that you make a profit off the bands. Why not donate that to LiveSTRONG also? I've seen idiots at bikeshops like Cyclelab sell the bands for R 50-00 each. It sucks!!!

Do the right thing!

Yip, R50 is crazy. When those guys order, they bring in 1000 at a time. They might pay R10 a band with customs. So they make at least R35-R40 a band..

A lot of people do donate to Livestrong, but then u not getting a band to show your support, hence why most people in SA buy the bands.

It is wrong to make a profit, and i do agree with you. But my profit is marginal, and for me, it honestly isn't worth doing it if you get absolutely nothing back. Just my honest opinion...

Also, it takes a lot of effort to get these bands in.

In every box of 100, u could get 20 orders. That could be 10 trips to the PO. Speedi2009-12-01 10:14:47