Come clean young (old) man

rodger

The whole haemocrit 50 % thing is a thumb suck figure by the UCI. Not sure if it is Cunego' date=' but I recall reading an article that his natural haemocrit level is about 56% and is genetic as his father also has a high level.[/quote']

Yep it is Cunego

The whole haemocrat thing is very difficult to assertain wheather its 50% as a high normal value, somewhere someone will always have abnormal values, the fairest way would be to moniter a rider from the time he/she turns professional, AND where there are abnormal increases in a short period ie 3-6 months then the values could be examined.

Cunego could well have a high natural level as did Mr. Armstrong

The thing about Indurain and Lance is that they were Physically and Mentally stronger than their contemperies from their respective generations.

A great read is Paul Kimmages Rough Ride

He was the first to open his Lunchbox and share stories of the Peleton, a bitter resentful wounded ex-pro bent on exposing the Pro Peleton and what was really happening.... some excellent stories in there... Riders named. He was give quite a rough treatment by his fellow riders and left the sport to become a jounalist.... a good one at that!

Another I left off the list is Laurent Brochard, that guy.....!