What is the best chain Lube for MTB

Lukep

I am using Squirt at the moment. Is there something that keeps the chain cleaner? I am a fanatic when it comes to a clean drive train I clean the drive train every weekend so it gets cleaned and lubed every two/three rides .What the top of tops for clean well lubed drive train?

I only do Mtb

For wax based I prefer Squirt - the chain is removed at least once a week, (Frequency depends on rain/mud), and boiled in water for 5 minutes. This disolves all wax and removes the debris lodge inside. Just wipe it with a rag after removing from the water.

Relube - The chain is always lubed while removed from the gears, then dried in the shade for at least 30min before putting in back on.

The result is an absolute clean chain and drivetrain.

Cleaning the bike is like therapy - I will not recommed doing all of this if you do not have time.

For oil base I prefer Finish Line. No reason other than it works in wet (Brazil wet).

Summer (Rainy) months, 15W30 or whatever is cheapest.

Winter (dusty conditions) Squirt.

Clean chain every 100Km or so. Works for me.

Green WL is the inbetweener.. between dry rides and wet rides, suppose to cater for any situation. 

I used it but now changed to Squirt as well, 1st ride today and im quite happy with it.  The Green WL seemed to attract dust like a magnet.

CJVDM2009-12-17 14:17:35

I ride very dusty farm roads in winter and without a doubt the best has been squirt as your cassette and chain stay cleaner for longer.

oil based lubes turn your cassette into black goo. So for most conditions use squirt and on wet days use oil based products. Plus squirt is local so you supporting local is lekkar and they also do a nifty small little bottle now for your saddle bag which is cool and costs R15. when its empty top up with your larger home bottle. Cheers.jayz2009-12-17 14:33:51