Racist traffic cops

Rocket-Boy

Tipies...vol gif. Word wakker...luister na die storie...maak jou eie decision/nie wat jou vader in die 60's wou se.

WinkThe section of blue route freeway between steenburg road and the ladies mile is actually amazingly good for riding.  Totally iilegal I know; the unfortunate truth is that it actually might just be safer than the main road - Wide shoulder with yellow line.  No parked cars on left so no sodz aka sudden open door zone. No traffic lights.  Very few truck/taxis. Vehicle travelling at a constant speed (admtedly higher than other roads). No sideroads (but again to be honest the on/off ramps can be little hairy - your timing must be right). In summer can do intervals with South Easter one way and in winter with the north weaster the other way. 

Everytime I ride it (mostly on quite mid mornings) I look out for cops.  If I get a ticket I will pay it and not ride there again.  I see more and more riders using this piece of road - especialy during the raod works on the kalkbay section of main road.

WinkThe section of blue route freeway between steenburg road and the ladies mile is actually amazingly good for riding.  Totally iilegal I know; the unfortunate truth is that it actually might just be safer than the main road - Wide shoulder with yellow line.  No parked cars on left so no sodz aka sudden open door zone. No traffic lights.  Very few truck/taxis. Vehicle travelling at a constant speed (admtedly higher than other roads). No sideroads (but again to be honest the on/off ramps can be little hairy - your timing must be right). In summer can do intervals with South Easter one way and in winter with the north weaster the other way. 

Everytime I ride it (mostly on quite mid mornings) I look out for cops.  If I get a ticket I will pay it and not ride there again.  I see more and more riders using this piece of road - especialy during the raod works on the kalkbay section of main road.

I have to agree with you about it being safer than the Main road. Sad, but true. Thumbs%20Up

Pedestrians, cars cutting in from side roads, cars opening doors without looking, cars turning without indicating, etc. It's hell on the Main road! Angry

Its actually not a national road sooo... kind of not so bad.  The main road between retreat and the fish hook circle is a real test on some days. 

Big h' date=' what about the trauma caused to the person that hits the "people that deserve it"? do they deserve it aswell?

if you cycle on a national road you should get fined regardless.

[/quote']

Unfortunately there is NO medicine for stupidity....... they should think about the trauma of their beloved ones before acting like idiots and willfully crossing busy roads where there are overbridges available.

You may ride on a national road but you may not ride on a freeway. Find out what a freeway is before you ride on one.

Clue - freeway, expressway, major roads, secondary and tertiary roads.

And if Ah finds any of youse lily little white boys a-ridin' your

bike on the highway, Ah AM gonna fine yo' little white asses...

Big_H is correct, its only illegal to cycle on a freeway and those have speed limits of 120. Expressways and national roads are not illegal.

Big_H is correct' date=' its only illegal to cycle on a freeway and those have speed limits of 120. Expressways and national roads are not illegal.

[/quote']

Simplistically - the ones with the blue signs are out of bounds to cyclists:

"No person shall operate on a freeway:

2. A pedal cycle;"

jmaccelari - r u a traffik (sic) kop (sic) ? Cuase I am a fire man. No sic fer real.  And a rodie. Try tell me "bout trauma boet. Please?