Irretating pin

hagar

I have the raliegh marathon and after every two rides this damm pin keeps coming loose !!! is there any way that i can avoid this or is it just the design of the frame it drives me nuts as i need two allen keys to keep tightening.....20091230_074357_pin.JPG

I have the raliegh marathon and after every two rides this damm pin keeps coming loose !!! is there any way that i can avoid this or is it just the design of the frame it drives me nuts as i need two allen keys to keep tightening.....20091230_074357_pin.JPG

Use blue loctite. Red loctite will make it permanent.

Check the bearings, if they are not turning freely then it could cause the bolt to come loose even with loctite, it still amazes me how many full suss bike I get in and the suspension bearings are seized solid...thus causing damage to the bolts or shafts that they run on or in many cases cause the frame to break prematurely, which then turns into an issue cuz the importers won't warranty it because the bearings were seized.

Check the bearings' date=' if they are not turning freely then it could cause the bolt to come loose even with loctite, it still amazes me how many full suss bike I get in and the suspension bearings are seized solid...thus causing damage to the bolts or shafts that they run on or in many cases cause the frame to break prematurely, which then turns into an issue cuz the importers won't warranty it because the bearings were seized.[/quote']

thanks !!! i did see some blue rubbery stuuf on the end of the bolt and presumed it was locktite i did ask the lbs to replace the bearings but come to think of it i did test them and they felt a bit rough not nice like a new bearing so what i think might be the solution is to change the bearings and then a bit of locktite !!!

advice from those that know I LIKE IT !!! ClapClapClap

Check the bearings' date=' if they are not turning freely then it could cause the bolt to come loose even with loctite, it still amazes me how many full suss bike I get in and the suspension bearings are seized solid...thus causing damage to the bolts or shafts that they run on or in many cases cause the frame to break prematurely, which then turns into an issue cuz the importers won't warranty it because the bearings were seized.[/quote']

thanks !!! i did see some blue rubbery stuuf on the end of the bolt and presumed it was locktite i did ask the lbs to replace the bearings but come to think of it i did test them and they felt a bit rough not nice like a new bearing so what i think might be the solution is to change the bearings and then a bit of locktite !!!

Hagar does the Marahon have bearings or bushes? My wife has one and I'm damn sure it has bushes. I have the older RDS frame and I replaced the bearings on that a year or so back and I remember stripping her bike at the same time. OK I'm waffling.

mmmmmm. The ride for sight is the 21 st Feb ......... i think ,

Hagar does the Marahon have bearings or bushes? My wife has one and I'm damn sure it has bushes. I have the older RDS frame and I replaced the bearings on that a year or so back and I remember stripping her bike at the same time. OK I'm waffling.

The 08 Marathon has bearings, I've just finished regreasing mine.

deanbean2010-01-05 13:53:13