Greeting roadies. Almost over it.

Justin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went on a long road ride this morning. All the other roadies

greeted us back - the only exception was an MTBer...

Flex was in the mood and was greeting everyone.

AYOBA!

MTBer was actually in shock and nearly totaled his bike thinking about the site of greeting roadies Big%20smile

No I reckon he just read flex's post...

If she's cute and running or cycling or walking, I'll greet. For the rest of you miserable freakin roadies, and MTbers for that matter... just don't dare take your hand of the bars you might crash or if you smile your face will fall off.Wink

Flex was in the mood and was greeting everyone.

Not only was I greeting everyone, but I also wished everyone a happy new year too smiley4.gif

And I even shouted out a few random "Ayoba's" as well! smiley36.gif

For people that don't greet back, its not about friendliness,its about having manners.If you you dont feel like greeting dont,but if someone greets you first have the decency to nod/raise a hand/few fingers etc.I have realised its nothing to do with cycling, some guys are just unfriendly idiots. 

I have realised its nothing to do with cycling' date=' some guys are just unfriendly idiots.[/quote']

LOL Clap

mikkelz2010-01-03 14:06:09

What is the cycling etiquette for passing another cyclist? Should the overtaker ackinowledge the overtaken or just keep going?

As the overtaken, I would appreciate a little greeting, just so I don't feel too bad about being passed.

As the overtaker I love to greet the rider( usually runner or walker actually!) that I am passing, just so they remember how easily I passed them!

I say 'almost'' date=' because these guys are the minority.

Today I cycled to work through midrand, past vodaworld. I passed a group of about 8 roadies. Yellow tops, blue shorts.

I greeted the whole group and only 1 guy greeted back (thanks wave guy). The rest completely ignored me. I actually saw a couple look at me as I was waving, turn their heads away and continue chatting.

Ag, whatever. I suppose not everyone is into greetings.

Almost over it.[/quote']

If it helps you get over it, build a bridge.Wink

All cyclist are rude in the extreme. Runners always greet one another (and  cyclists too). Shame to say but cyclists are worse than even golfers.

WTF ??? My mther told me never to talk to strangers. Trust me, when the old bat talks, you listen cause she can beat the crap out of me more than you can, so I'll stay safe and listen to her.