2010 bike build.....

rock

well its all going to be bolted to this......

20100101_050058_Image096.jpg

stay tuned.....hope to be rolling by end of Jan at the latest (everyone's out of stock of everything smiley6.gif )

thats him...

its a size 16" frame, with a serious sloping top tube, its like 14" centre to top of TT.......so it will be one tiny 29er......still shopping for wheels.....

Hi rock,

These frames are awesome, don't own one but I have ridden one, you will have many happy miles. 

Are you looking for custom wheels or stock?  I think Mavic is making some nice 29er wheels these days, I think it was Mavic.  I saw them on a Canondale from a distance.

Anyway, happy building.

I rode a Surely 29' with the belt drive here in Cali the otherday.. Oh my bliss....So light and oh Im in love.

May this be one thing to get in 2010. a singlesped  not to different from this one. Nice Rock.Thumbs%20Up

Nice one Rock, you going single or geared? 

NB!!! Watch out for the lockout control on the top of the right hand side fork stantion, I put one of Kiwi's 29er forks on my Inbred last week and the little lockout control is too high and dinged the downtube of my frame. I've taken the remote lever off now to give it clearance.

Had a carbon fork before, the M29 is over a kilo heavier but has transformed the bike....MUCH more user friendly now! 

XTC12010-01-01 13:01:57

ja, I've had the fork down tube clearance issue on a few bikes in the passed, kiwi did a mock build up before I got the frame to make sure it clears - thats called SERVICE.....

want to build some stans 355's or get the new AC wheels......or maybe XT 29er wheels......

it will have gears......

I dont want to hear or see anything about belt drive......that is the future, albeit an expensive future......

Hi Rock.

Nice set-up. I am also building up my second scandal 29er. This one will be geared and with suspension fork. Cape Cycles are getting the new white tubeless ready America Classic wheels in at the end of January with a suggested retail of R5300. Kiwi will also have them in stock then. Look out for the XT wheelsets on CRC they usually go for about R 3500 a pair ex Vat. But they sell like hot cakes,

Why did you go for the RST fork and not the Rock shox Reba that Kiwi is selling?

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Just finished building up my geared scandal 26er, such gorgeous frames, build quality is extremely good.

Been hammering my Summer Season 456 all holiday as a single speed - it has been awesome!!!

Looking forward to seeing this built up soon Rock - have fun and post the pics man!

Hi Rock. Nice set-up. I am also building up my second scandal 29er. This one will be geared and with suspension fork. Cape Cycles are getting the new white tubeless ready America Classic wheels in at the end of January with a suggested retail of R5300. Kiwi will also have them in stock then. Look out for the XT wheelsets on CRC they usually go for about R 3500 a pair ex Vat. But they sell like hot cakes' date='Why did you go for the RST fork and not the Rock shox Reba that Kiwi is selling?

[/quote']

was going to order a pair of those XT's then my laptop got stolen and then when I got back on-line they were sold out.......

The Reba is more than twice the price of the RST......plus my first suspension fork was a RST 461 in 1995 so it was a sentimental purchase :-)

What you can do is go to the item you want in CRC and if you have an account click on the "request stock alert" and they will e-mail you as soon as it becomes available

What you can do is go to the item you want in CRC and if you have an account click on the "request stock alert" and they will e-mail you as soon as it becomes available

ja, I have a long list of items that I'm waiting for......it works very well, this one time (at band camp) I got an email to say an item I was waiting for has since been discontinued, so they sent me a gift voucher code for my troubles - nice bunch.

• 3 weeks later...

ok....we're getting there.......everything apart from the back wheel is sorted - juts waiting for the hub....

http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/glenwood/imgp1831.jpg