Scott MC50 Full Build

rabitstink

Hi All,

Decided to stop lurking and let you see my MC50 build.

Got hold of the frame last year ( thanks Johann !!!) stripped it right down to check what I needed to start the build. I started ordering and bidding on stuff through the whole of December and ended up getting parts from all over the world. All arived last week, well all except for a few bits and pieces that are on the way now.

My first bicycle build so let me know what you think :)....

>>>>> The Frame, with new bearings and all the other little bits and pieces. Ready to start assembling...

20100112_003841_DSC07333.jpg

>>>>> The Frame, assembled at last... Took quite some time this, had to pop out to the shops twice to get more little bits and pieces.

20100112_004210_DSC07341.jpg

>>>>> Next step, a hard won Fox Tallas RLC Fork and headset ( which turned out to have the wrong bearings, so im just assembling for now so that i can carry on, new headset on its way !!! )

20100112_004747_DSC07342.jpg

Nice work

Where did you find that seat post ... did you have to use shims or is it the full dia. 34.9mm?

Nice work

Where did you find that seat post ... did you have to use shims or is it the full dia. 34.9mm?

Hey Hairy, I used a shim, you can see it sticking out at the top of the frame on the seat shot.

Looks like a great build so far.

Good fun to build your own bike!

(Just remove the frisbee from behind your cassette - negative trail cred points there...)

Anyway, I am stuck now, waiting for rotors, adapters and my tool to put the crank on ...

lol about the frisbee... i actually thought it looked pretty nice :)

you dont need any tool to put the crank on - just tighten the star shaped thing in the crank with a tyre lever (its not supposed to be that tight anyway). then you tighten the bolts with an allen key

• 2 weeks later...

>>>> Update, Nearly there waiting for some parts (Spacers for neck, I?m using dodgy bits off old bike, and cables / hydraulic pipes)

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

20100125_105409_1.jpg

20100125_105509_2.jpg

20100125_105642_3.jpg

20100125_105727_4.jpg

20100125_105820_6..jpg

20100125_105904_5.jpg

20100125_110037_7.jpg