if you train on the emporers mtb route?

Tumbleweed

Eish - looks hectic. Assuming it dries up, what is this course like? Trying to decide whether or not to enter. The road race looks like its going to be super-boring smiley12.gif

normally that bit you're looking at is quite bumpy. rest of it's mostly flat. the forest section is fun. not the most exciting course. 

Rode it on saturday' date=' looked nothing like that Shocked

[/quote']

i know! i drove past there on my way to lunch that day. were you out east when the storm came through?

slowbee, no reports on the wires.

So worth entering or not' date=' holy? I'm prepared to go on your recommendation here... smiley2.gif[/quote']

never raced it, but rode it to review it for tread. want a fast two-lapper that's not too taxing technically, go fot it.Big%20smile

Sweet, thanks. I better get to ride between a few Boeings as promised by the race organisers!

never raced it, but rode it to review it for tread. want a fast two-lapper that's not too taxing technically, go fot it.Big%20smile

Did the race last year. One very muddy section as it had pi$$ed the night before, but otherwise flat and fast. The forest sections are great. This is a race even the roadies can do, as there is not much single track. One of the river crossings has been washed away completely, so that section will have to be fixed or changed. A nice morning ride and you can be home for a late brunch. Mountain goats will be dissapointed.

Eish - looks hectic. Assuming it dries up' date=' what is this course like? Trying to decide whether or not to enter. The road race looks like its going to be super-boring smiley12.gif [/quote']

Um.....2 words come to mind

STAY AWAY! Never again will I do this race. 2 yrs ago I did it when I fell for the ride with planes scam. Airport is a restricted area so even if it sounds like you might ride on their property.....well you don't. It is incredibly bumpy, or it was when I rode it. The only nice part about it is the 200m forest twisty bit. Which you do 4 times since it's laps....they should really try and do something about the route. Until then I'll stay at home.

If I remember correct last year it was incredibly muddy and it rained or had rained or something like that.

You mtb lot are weird... I thought a mtb route was supposed to be, um, not smooth, and I thought mud was "cool".... Um, if it was smooth and "mud-less" wouldn't it just be a road ride?Confused

Missed the storm but my dogs had a ball in it' date=' they seem to love rain and mud.

[/quote']

so do mine?

20100113_023857_wet2.jpg

20100113_023923_wet.jpg

Is that your yard? lucky you got the cab, and not the golf anymore... you'd have lost the golf in that...

Eish - looks hectic. Assuming it dries up' date=' what is this course like? Trying to decide whether or not to enter. The road race looks like its going to be super-boring smiley12.gif [/quote']

Um.....2 words come to mind

STAY AWAY! Never again will I do this race. 2 yrs ago I did it when I fell for the ride with planes scam. Airport is a restricted area so even if it sounds like you might ride on their property.....well you don't. It is incredibly bumpy, or it was when I rode it. The only nice part about it is the 200m forest twisty bit. Which you do 4 times since it's laps....they should really try and do something about the route. Until then I'll stay at home.

If I remember correct last year it was incredibly muddy and it rained or had rained or something like that.

Expensive Fun Ride. If you don't have a chip you don't get timed. And the food and beer afterwords was also expensive.