Tyres for Sani2C

David #7

Any ones between 2.0 and 1.8 that shed mud well.

I am fitting a 1.8 Specialized Strom. The mud at the bottom it clay and sticks like glue - some hopefully these will help.

The issue is also the clearance between your rear wheel and rear stay - that got jammed with crud very quickly.

But conditions were so bad last year that nobody was riding - so do not stress over tyres...

As a novice, 1 might assume all you want is a reasonable all round tyre that will give you no hassles.

Something like a maxis crossmark, kenda nevegal or the likes.

Or if you wanna race:

Watch the long range forecast a couple of days before.

If no/not much rain is forecast, go for a large volume, semi slick tire and run at reasonably low preasure, go fast when its good (90%) and a little slower in the technical stuff.

if its going to rain lots, change your shoes, and dont worry about tyres.

In last years race I used a Kenda Kharma 2.0 on the front and a Conti Mountain King 2.2 on tha back. Worked perfectly for me Smile

Zaskar

Try running them the otherway arround.

I've been running a killerbee 2.4 front and a Geax mezcal 2.2 back, so much of speed.

I'v been runnig a bigger tyre on the front for a while now and am convinced its the way.
Giant2010-01-21 06:06:03

BTW David#7 since when did your status change to Novice MTB'er ???

As I have been riding on the since I was 7 and on my mtb since the age of 38 that makes me a novice.

PS What are your credentials?Wink

BTW David#7 since when did your status change to Novice MTB'er ???

As I have been riding on the since I was 7 and on my mtb since the age of 38 that makes me a novice.

PS What are your credentials?Wink

I still remember the words of the sms you sent me. "Thanks for introducing me to this crappy sport." LOL

Guest Agteros

Any tyre will do providing it can clean reasonably.

I also want tyres that do a reasonable cleaning. Maybe I can retrench the maid, and the dishes will be done for me EVERY day Smile

dude' date=' it's not about the tyres

[/quote']

Partially true ...<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My advice, and not that the rest of the hubbers need an invite, but please comment ...

You want to get through s2c without tire issues.  Get something bulletproof, like the CrossMarks UST LUST.  And I'm sure there are others - but I don't have any experience besides the CrossMarks.

The Crossmarks have been super for me. And good in the mud. I know because I seek out mud - just ask Nancy Drew!

Agteros - get a dishwasher! LOL