Cape Storm Nitro bibs* UPDATE*

Weight Weenie

WHAT A STUPID TOPIC!!!

I also own a pair of Capestorm Nitro's. The branding logo on the thigh also started coming off very early...

SO FRIGGEN WHAT??????????? Since when did MTB'ing become some fashion show?????????????? (Did you also break a friggin nail??????????)

The logo adveritses for the manufacturer! If it comes off, let THEM know! BUT IN THE MEANTIME - SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE SMALL STUFF YOU WHINING BUNCH OF PANSIES!!!

THE HUB SEEMS TO HAVE BECOME  A PLACE WHERE WE COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING!!! OAKLEY GLASSES PEELING OFF, DUE SOUTH SELLING YOU A WHATCH THAT IS R100 MORE THAN WHAT IT SHOULD BE...ETC

ARE YOU THANKFUL OF NOTHING??????????????????????????? SHOULD EVERYTHING ON THIS BLASTED SITE BE A BLOODY COMPLAINT ABOUT SOMETHING????????

F*ck it...Now I'm complaining!
MJ loves MTB2010-01-27 01:01:05

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A STUPID TOPIC!!!

I also own a pair of Capestorm Nitro's. The branding logo on the thigh also started coming off very early...

SO FRIGGEN WHAT??????????? Since when did MTB'ing become some fashion show?????????????? (Did you also break a friggin nail??????????)

The logo adveritses for the manufacturer! If it comes off' date=' let THEM know! BUT IN THE MEANTIME - SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE SMALL STUFF YOU WHINING BUNCH OF PANSIES!!!

THE HUB SEEMS TO HAVE BECOME  A PLACE WHERE WE COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING!!! OAKLEY GLASSES PEELING OFF, DUE SOUTH SELLING YOU A WHATCH THAT IS R100 MORE THAN WHAT IT SHOULD BE...ETC

ARE YOU THANKFUL OF NOTHING??????????????????????????? SHOULD EVERYTHING ON THIS BLASTED SITE BE A BLOODY COMPLAINT ABOUT SOMETHING????????

[/quote']

OK, so next time you go to a restaurant and order a medium fillet and the waiter brings you a rotten rump steak. Shut up and eat it. Its still a steak, just not what you ordered and there is something wrong with it. Take what you get and don?t complain.

Seriously! Should we just sit back and accept bad quality? Remember that when you drive trough a pothole on your way to work!

WHAT A STUPID TOPIC!!!

If I pay R1000 for a pair of shorts I'll be annoyed if the logo comes off after one ride as if they were R100 cheapies. I pay extra for the quality. If that quality is lacking due to a defect, I want it exchanged so I can get my money's worth.

If the logo starts coming off after one ride, what's going to break next after two? After three?

Someone told me never to tell anyone else to 'chill' so i wont Wink

As stated in earlier mails, if our customers are unhappy with the quality of the product and it is a manufacturing fault then of course we will replace the product! What else could we do?? However, if like Grondpad if doesnt bother you and you have nicely worn in your Nitros and wish to keep them, thats also cool.

Over the years our shorts, first the matrix and now the nitros have been revered in the domestic market and we rightly believe that you are getting a good value proposition (i have pairs many years old that still keep my rear comfy); a short made our of quality lycra and an excellent pad. When there is a problem we work to rectify it and ensure that the next production run (and they are all made in our Wynberg factory) has ironed out any problem.

I believe the number of returns we experience is very low, as i dont often have to lurk around here replying to posts Smile

As ever we are committed to providing the best service

Hi All

I have the same problem with my nitros bibs. Mine, my wifes and brother in law, the reflective writing came off after the first ride, however it was just too much of a mission to return, I suspect that the low number of returns probably has to be that people just couldnt bother to return them when the defect does not affect the actual performance of the bib. We are all very happy with ours.

BTW there is a huge price discrepancy between different retailers.

e.g Capestorm outlet at Canal walk selling for R995, which we paid for my wifes, and at Olympic cycles in Cape Town these are going for R650 (bibs)where we bought three pairs. That is huge price difference. How does the CS outlet sell them for R300 more than Olympic. What is the actual RRP??Confused

WHAT A STUPID TOPIC!!!

The logo adveritses for the manufacturer! If it comes off' date=' let THEM know! BUT IN THE MEANTIME - SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE SMALL STUFF YOU WHINING BUNCH OF PANSIES!!!

[/quote']

That's why the forum is called RANT & Rave you muppet, get over yourself

Thanks for the info. As said we have been trying to rectify the problem

and recalled all the bibs we thought were reflected, whoops, affected!

WRT the price difference. Last year we ran a promo in both our stores

and also to independent retailer offering the nitros at a discount

(principally to get the product out into the market place). The promo

ran in our stores for November and at that time the take up from

independents was v good. They were then encouraged to pass this discount

on. I'm sure Olympic were doing this and may have had that stock still

selling at the reduced price after our promo ended, hence the price

difference.

We felt it was only fair to offer the promo to all stores not just thru

our retail stores. That said we also cant prescribe a price to the

retailer, but give a recommended retail price.

Hope that helps.

ilittle2010-01-27 05:13:19

MJ dude, I understand all the moaning in Sa and the hubs gets irritating, but this is the RANT AND RAVE thread so that is what it is here for, if you don't like it then why bother opening the thread ?

I payed for a product which was not up to scratch and I vented my frustration here and let other hubbers know so they can avoid the same issues.  Certainly when you pay for something you expect it to be right, not get a burger when you pay for a cheeseburger etc.  One must compalin, how else would the manafacturer know something is wrong and be able to rectify it ?

And yes MJ, as a person with some sense of style, I do like to also look good when cycling, I wouldn't wear shorts with the printing peeling off, why would I do that on the bike then ?  MTB'ing has grown into many facets, if you like trail riding with a camelbak and baggies in extreme places, cool, others like racing in tight lycra and jerseys, so let them do that as well.

Each to his own,

WW.

• 2 weeks later...

Well just an update from my side, CS did come through in the end, even though they sent the wrong replacement shorts at first they took them back and sent me a new Nitros bib  on friday via berco.

I did a 100km mtb ride of almost 5 hours with it yesterday and all is well, it performed great and no printing issues !

Clap CS for the great aftersales service and standing by your product, Thumbs%20DownFPC for not sorting it out in the first place !

Glad it worked out for you. As ever if anyone has any issues, just give us a call or drop us a line and we will do our best to assist.

Thanks Ian I appreciate your effort and stepping in when the retailer does not want to help immediately.

I would like to buy more of these though, how can I check if its the new batch with better printing ? Or are there certain shops that have the right ones, as Im wary of going to fpc again and buying one and then the same thing happens all over !

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, the 2nd short I bought from fpc also started to loose its printing, so I got hold of Ian again and they let me keep that one AND sent me a NEW one for FREE !

This is really good service, glad too see you guys looking after your customers :)

Im now a loyal CS supporter, you guys just need to bring out some tighter fitting jerseys like First Ascent though, then I'd be really happy. 

Oh and ive done a 5 hour ride on the hardtail and thin saddle on these, no issues, really comfy after a while, just give it a ride to wear in and your sorted. 
Weight Weenie2010-02-28 05:13:33

WW - there are people out there that do care about their customers - thanks for bring at least one of them to our attention.

I do buy their products already anyway because I like them.

Cool Mutt, glad to hear you support them !

We like moaning on the hub, but credit is never given where it is due when good service is received.

My Nitros bibs also lost their piping on the 1st ride, however since I'm an MTB newbie I thought this might be a clever weight-saving plan on the part of the manufacturer. Please can CS send me a free new pair so I can compare the weight with my non-reflective ones?

Seriously, the branding did come off in case Ian is still following this thread. Don't really need replacement smiley1.gif

Hi Numnutz. Be sure, that the performance of the shorts arent affected. If you are happy with the pair you have thats great. If you are ever in CT please let me know and i'll give you a factory tour and a thank you for your support.