Cyclist hit at Fast One

Moab

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cellulitis (secondary infection), and possibly a broken elbow. Looks like he will be in hospital for around the next 5 days.

Hendrik Lemmer seems to be doing a decent job of getting to the bottom of what happened leading up to this.

<rant mode>I wish I could say the same about other officials and comm's that seem to have made up their minds with out even speaking to Kurt or the eye witnesses. I guess money in cycling should never get in the way of the truth, or what is right.</rant mode> markStockton2010-01-29 03:29:14

Cellulitis (secondary infection)' date=' and possibly a broken elbow. Looks like he will be in hospital for around the next 5 days. [/quote']

radius?

damn, man, that's just awful! feel sorry for the kid. 

i stopped by to visit kurt last night. he's in good spirits all things considered, but his race season is stuffed :-( 

Mmmm, found out this morning his elbow has a crush fracture. No SA Champs, junior tour, argus or any of the National Cup XC races to qualify for the junior SA team.

To totally rub salt into the wounds Hendrik Lemmer sent an email yesterday saying that CSA won't be taking action as they are scared of the alleged drivers lawyers.

I guess I'll have to kick the fight up a level to SASCOC and the event / team sponsors. Seems to me CSA should find out where a recently disgraced pro rider got his testosterone, and order them selves some. smiley7.gif

Good luck with your fight Mark,  good luck to Curtis.  This is a cruel blow to his aspirations, I know next year is going to be another year, but sounds as if he was psyched for this year.

Hopefully the driver has tendered an apology.

Let me say that I have no knowledge of what happened and who is involved, BUT...

I think it is disgraceful that a national controlling body in any sport lacks the backbone to properly regulate ALL aspects of their sport. It makes one wonder why we all pay license fees etc to put people in an office for which they get paid!! So much for a new CSA CEO! pfft!!

Guest Agteros

Mmmm' date=' found out this morning his elbow has a crush fracture. No SA Champs, junior tour, argus or any of the National Cup XC races to qualify for the junior SA team.

To totally rub salt into the wounds Hendrik Lemmer sent an email yesterday saying that CSA won't be taking action as they are scared of the alleged drivers lawyers.

I guess I'll have to kick the fight up a level to SASCOC and the event / team sponsors. Seems to me CSA should find out where a recently disgraced pro rider got his testosterone, and order them selves some. smiley7.gif [/quote']

That is really shocking, and confirms that CSA is utterlyand completely teste-less.

Mark maybe a email to the UCI could give you some advice.

Perhaps the alledged driver has the same legal team as Sylvia?

Good luck with your fight Mark' date='? good luck to Curtis.? This is a cruel blow to his aspirations, I know next year is going to be another year, but sounds as if he was psyched for this year.Hopefully the driver has tendered an apology.

[/quote']

Not on your life, just lots of lies and denials. Trained by the CIA I think.

CSA cabal at it's best again.Just proves the old firm controls the drawstrings.

If your witnesses are prepared to take the stand go ahead with legal proceedings

CSA cabal at it's best again.Just proves the old firm controls the drawstrings.

If your witnesses are prepared to take the stand go ahead with legal proceedings

That certainly looks like the only way justice will happen. I'm going to take the evidence to the medical aid and bike insurance guy's and see if they would like to join the party.

Also decided that I am going to send all the info to the teams sponsor, so that they know exactly what type of people are representing their name.

Its a pity that this  turned into a campaign on a public forum and at the end of the day it will cause damage for all parties. The commissaires report, witnesses in convoy were contacted and no one saw Kurt being hit by a car. They do say that it is possible, but they did not see it. So take the legal route and report back when you have an outcome. We're heading towards someting nasty thats not to anyone's benifit.

Its a pity that this? turned into a campaign on a public forum and at the end of the day it will cause damage for all parties. The commissaires report' date=' witnesses in convoy were contacted and no one saw Kurt being hit by a car. They do say that it is possible, but they did not see it. So take the legal route and report back when you have an outcome. We're heading towards someting nasty thats not to anyone's benifit.[/quote']

You have ignored that a number of witnesses have reported the "alleged" driver for driving recklessly. Including a highly reputable law enforcement officer as well as event paramedics. The report made by the race organiser about the "alleged" drivers reckless and dangerous driving. That the evidence contradicts the "alleged" drivers account of the situation.

But what really concerns me about this is that CSA are quite happy to leave this individual on the roads riding along behind the peleton while a potentially lengthy criminal and civil case plays out.

Really well done at putting riders safety first!!!   smiley7.gif

I always thought I would love to ride in a racing bunch but after this incident - hell no! Seriously, it now makes me nervous to do any race as I am worried about people like this.

Think a bit more mtb races are in my near future