I did it!!!!!

AuctionLamb

Man I hate my damn turbo! Rather go ride in the rain than do that... But then again-I rode in the rain Sat and Sun and haven't ridden since coz I am sick.  Maybe I'll start with an easy turbo session later today.  But still have to convince myself...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I hate my damn turbo! Rather go ride in the rain than do that... But then again-I rode in the rain Sat and Sun and haven't ridden since coz I am sick.  Maybe I'll start with an easy turbo session later today.  But still have to convince myself...

was the same here by me....but when you see/feel the difference in strength....the movtivation kicks in!Wink

Ja I know-flippen best training I did for du's and tri's was done on the good old turbo.  must just get into the hang of it again.  like getting up early in the morning.  first week or so is ***, but after that you wake up without the alarm.

Ja I know-flippen best training I did for du's and tri's was done on the good old turbo.  must just get into the hang of it again.  like getting up early in the morning.  first week or so is ***' date=' but after that you wake up without the alarm.[/quote']

I am NOT a morning person and why I got into cycling I do not know.....I feel that you have to be a morning person to benefit more out of cycling....Confused

I think you need to be a morning and midnight person by the sound of things from some of the guys here!

I think you need to be a morning and midnight person by the sound of things from some of the guys here!

LOL!!!

LOLLOLClap

Been so sick this week. k@k irritating. just want to ride now. start a well planned program for a change too. and stop eating those leke brownies i love...

Did a 40km TT on the IDT yesterday at the Sport Science Institute.

1:02:17

311 Watt avg.

38.5km/h avg.

Max Watts 728

Was a hard session and 3 more to go. Last week was a 1:04:18.

Fanie is busy with his first session now!

Thats not bad!  Did you peak your watts in the last few km?  Did a set of 3 TT's as well.  51:34  for my quickest one.  but had to keep my watts as constant as possible. no major acc. at the end

311 Watt avg.

38.5km/h avg.

Max Watts 728

Wow awesome! What were the rest of your numbers?Max HR? LT HR? Avg HR? How much do you wiehg? Power output @ LT?

Bloody nice time that kempo. Also at the SSI?

I tried keeping it constant, but hell. I'm 100kg and love's a sprint at the end.

Am hoping to get closer to 1:00, but not sure if I've the extra Watts.

Fandacious: They didn't give me the rest.

I weigh +/- 100kg's with a PPO of 433Watt.

Last time my avg hrt was 176 bpm. I know I can avg 180 - 183 at Killarney, but I haven't got Fatty's wheel to suck on the IDT :-))

If you can-get up to 300watts within the first 10km-use it as your 'warm-up' almost. then try take it upto 320 then 330 for km 10-20 and 20-30.  hardest for me was km 28-35.  but then from there you can nail it. but ja thats easier said than done. did it a Sport Science in Stellenbosch.

Donner.....mine for those time trials was about 240watts to 250watts.....I do not think I will be able to do that for 40km!Ouch

You guys do not need a turbo trainer.....you are all strong enough!

311 Watt avg.

38.5km/h avg.

Max Watts 728

Ek is te skaam om my stats te gee!!!!! Maar ek het amper uitgepass na die tyd, regtig. Alles het begin blink en toe begin donker raak.

1:09:42. 35 km/h avg. Avr. hr is amper 180. Nie seker oor Watts nie maar dis flippen laag, iets soos 225. Ek was te in my moer om lekker te luister wat die perd vir my wil se.

Well done - it really is a great session and takes focus and strength (mental and physical)

You should consider the "Bruce" special pyramid sesion' date='which I have been doing for a few weeks now and love;

1 x 20 @ 80-85% (a little easier than you did these at)
1 x 10 min spin easy
1 x 4 min @ 95% (basically as hard as you can sustain for 4 mins - gonna love that)
1 x 4 min spin easy
1 x 1 min @ Max for the duration - seriously hard
1 x 4 min Spin easy
1 x 1 min as above
1 x 4 min easy
1 x 4 min @ 95% as before
1 x 4 min Spin easy
1 x 20 min as before

Fall off and feel great at having completed a real good workout.
[/quote']

Mixed levels!!

Bruce - would you include  sessions like these as regular training in a building period?