How dose this site generate an income?

jugheaddave

Hi Guys

I was just wondering, how does this site generate an income?

And, is the hub privately owned.

Dont worry, I am not trying to start a mtb website.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

privately owned as opposed to????? actually it is owned by julius malema and he is monitoring all you b@stards that bad mouth him.

privately owned as opposed to????? actually it is owned by julius malema and he is monitoring all you b@stards that bad mouth him.

Dont be such a toss3r!, it could be owned by a bike shop, or community based!

I feel it was a valid question, if you have nothing objective to say, then shut your pie hole!!!

Dont be such a toss3r!' date=' it could be owned by a bike shop, or community based!

I feel it was a valid question, if you have nothing objective to say, then shut your pie hole!!!
[/quote']

Ha ha ha LOLClapLOL

Dont be such a toss3r!, it could be owned by a bike shop, or community based!I feel it was a valid question, if you have nothing objective to say, then shut your pie hole!!!

yikes dude no need to get offensive - what I am getting at is even open source projects etc are owned by private individuals/companies who manage revenue/sponsors etc etc - and theoretically the same with a community - anyway wasnt meant to offend - concentrate on the joke part of it there.

and yes, adverts offer revenue, either through a pay per click model or through a page impressions model

dont quite like being called a tosser though eitherStretch2010-02-03 13:31:01

Dont be such a toss3r!' date=' it could be owned by a bike shop, or community based!

[/quote']

Jughead_dave, chill. If you have been on the Hub for longer than 2 days, you should be aware that there are people (ME BEING ONE OF THEM) that sometimes feel the need to give a witty answer to what we feel is a silly question.

You feel your question is valid. I feel your question is trying to do some quick and cheap research into starting a rival site. Go fish!

Stretch, fair chirp - nothing wrong.

Guest Agteros

I also want to know what the alternative to a privately owned website is... (especially as a .co.za domain)

Come on, be nice now. After all YOU open this particular can of worms Wink

Agteros, I have it this way:

whatever.co.za or .com is privately or corporately owned. They pay a fee for the registration of the domain name and annual sunscription.

whatever.gov.za belongs to either a national or local goverment department.

whatever.ac.za belongs to an academic institution.

Does that help?

Guest Agteros
Agteros' date=' I have it this way:

whatever.co.za or .com is privately or corporately owned. They pay a fee for the registration of the domain name and annual sunscription.

whatever.gov.za belongs to either a national or local goverment department.

whatever.ac.za belongs to an academic institution.

Does that help?
[/quote']

I know that (and I'm sure you know that I know that Wink) but I was hoping the.man.wiffout.za.sensa.jumer would have given me the hypothesis he used as backing for the question he posedConfused