Who offers the best service in Cape Town!

Chubba

Which shop has offered the best service and after sales service?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which shop has offered the best service and after sales service?

• Cycles Direct
    • Bowmans
    • Olympic
    • Chris Willemse Cycles
    • Action Cycles
    • Cycle Lab
    • BMC - Bicycle Maintenance Centre
    • Cycle Factory

William's Bike Shop

Bowman's Cycles

Bridge Cycles

Crown Cycles

and Epic Bike Shop are where my money gets spent.

Williams simply because I get along well with him. Yes you need patience but he runs an excellent littleshop and delivers excellent service. Some things are worth waiting for.  It helsp that Will is a straight talking kind of guy, no bulldung about him or Ben.

Crown cycles is simply wonderful. I've been acquainted with the Cloetes for years and even before then they still ran a good little business. The old man is a top wrench and really really loves what he's doing. His passion is inspiring.

Bridge I've frequented for over 20yrs so we go waaay back.

Epic is another tightly run little store with excellent product and no  nonsense attitude.

Bowman's, I always feel at home there and Shane will always make a plan, always.

I've used Magnet Cycles in Diep River a few times with startlingly good results. I was an remained impressed by how that little shop is run.

Olaf at Cross Town is also great.

Olympic Cycles is ok, but generally I just get the feeling that they'd rather you leave unless you're spending money with them.

Have heard some good things about John O'Connor cycles in Mouille Point too.

Some of the Northern Suburbs stores should simply hang a "Whites only" sign outside their doors, especially Geko Cycles and the old WE Lifestyle Centre. Will never spend money with them at all.

others I won't touch are Flandria, Mason's, Helderberg Cycles, Union Cycles and anything in Paarl. They should simply step into the 21st century.

I'd rather go home than give them a cent.

Then there is Ebay and CRC if my faves can't supply.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geco Cycles & CWC rocks!   smiley32.gif

Cycle Lab is too 'corporate' and not personalised.

Howard Dude at Cycle Lab is a good help though.

William's Bike ShopBowman's CyclesBridge CyclesCrown Cyclesand Epic Bike Shop are where my money gets spent.Williams simply because I get along well with him. Yes you need patience but he runs an excellent littleshop and delivers excellent service. Some things are worth waiting for.? It helsp that Will is a straight talking kind of guy' date=' no bulldung about him or Ben.Crown cycles is simply wonderful. I've been acquainted with the Cloetes for years and even before then they still ran a good little business. The old man is a top wrench and really really loves what he's doing. His passion is inspiring.Bridge I've frequented for over 20yrs so we go waaay back.Epic is another tightly run little store with excellent product and no? nonsense attitude.Bowman's, I always feel at home there and Shane will always make a plan, always.I've used Magnet Cycles in Diep River a few times with startlingly good results. I was an remained impressed by how that little shop is run. Olaf at Cross Town is also great.Olympic Cycles is ok, but generally I just get the feeling that they'd rather you leave unless you're spending money with them.Have heard some good things about John O'Connor cycles in Mouille Point too.Some of the Northern Suburbs stores should simply hang a "Whites only" sign outside their doors, especially Geko Cycles and the old WE Lifestyle Centre. Will never spend money with them at all.others I won't touch are Flandria, Mason's, Helderberg Cycles, Union Cycles and anything in Paarl. They should simply step into the 21st century.I'd rather go home than give them a cent.Then there is Ebay and CRC if my faves can't supply.

[/quote']

Thanks for the review. Very helpful.

Lance at Epic is very helpfull, and shares knowlegde.  Circle Cycles in Fish Hook circle also very good. But as a bike shop Olympic is it. 

Must say,Cycle Maintenance Centre(Jaco and Leon) in Plattekloof Cape Town,gives excellent service.I had no come backs and turnaround time excellent.That is my personal experience.I cannot vouch for other hubbers.

shimano 1052010-02-05 15:24:07

Marks Bicycle Workshop in Bellville can't be beaten for service' date=' emergency fixes and price. [/quote']

+1

Thanks for the kind words guys. Our contact details are below or visiti us at www.cyclefactory.co.za

If you ever have a hick-up or are not 100% happy with our service please give me a call direct and I'll get on it. We pride ourselves in great service, sales and workshop, but even we can slip on busy days.

Pop in for specials, a cup of coffee or if you'd just like to chat bikes.

Regards

Ian Giles

So far I have had great service from Cycle Lab, Northgate Island. On a few occasions they have fetched my bike from work and delivered it back, same day.

snoek' date=' I will not recommend CMC, because they will not do a emergancy fix unless you book in advance.

It happened to me, so I dont rate them[/quote']

Sorry bud but I have only received extremely good service from them. I have been a client of them for 2+ years and I have never experienced a problem with service or emergency servicing. It could have been that when you asked them to repair your bike that they were extremely busy. These chaps are really good at what they do and they are well known in the MTB rings so things can get hectic from time to time.  I am sure that other shops will tell you the same thing when they are extremely backed up with work. I say this because it has happened to me at other shops in the past that has been mentioned in this pole. I can assure you that their service ability on bikes is of the best levels in Cape Town
Snoek2010-02-08 04:05:16

What's up with half baked poll? Only listing the 'rest'?

Geco cycles and CMC are both number one!

There's a limit on the number of options one can add in a poll on this forum.

• 2 months later...

get a job ur spending too much time in bike shops ,maybe the guys need to get some work done in stead of chatting............

get a job ur spending too much time in bike shops ' date='maybe the guys need to get some work done in stead of chatting............[/quote']

And you decide to revive a two month old thread to tell us that...touch?!

I have been to Cycles Direct a few times, I find some of their staff arrogant and acting like they have no time for you. Therefore I vote with my wallet and go to another shop in the area. I have heard similar comments from other bikers.