Sponsering

RAZORBLADE

Hi Wayne

I got a lot of info from different hubbers. I don't want to go into to much detail before i'f sorted out some issues. At this stage i want to start of with riders that can average about 30km/hr on a 50km ride. Something simular to the Emperors clasic.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anton your biggest problem with youngsters is their parents, be careful of what role you allow them to play and know from the word go what their priority is between cycling and school.

There is a lot of potential in the u16/junior racing ranks that needs help

If there's someone else out there with some good advise please send me your comments. I've budgeted on R500 000 for the year. Will that be adequate or not.

make a mtb team.. age between 20 - 30 or so. Big%20smile

then you do not have the nonsense of the parents and we are all grown up almost responsible ...sometimes 

Would love to but if i must sponser every request i received in one day i will need much more than R500 000.

I Have a passion for youngsters (I suppose because i have a 15 year old to) and i must stick to one goal at this time.

Anton, what youngsters you looking for ?

Ones that are already well established in the cycling world, ones that are starting out, a mixture ?

Would you be having trials for these youngsters ?

(I'm probably going to get slatted for this but as a parent, school will have to come first!!!)

Hi Indigo

Ones that can average about 30km/hr on a 50km ride. The main reason for that is that they can train together and i would only need one team car to follow them on rides.

I fully agree with you. Education is priority. All i want is dedication and commitment from team and parents.

I'll put him to the test this weekend and keep my eye's on you (so to speak).

In a group he should manage, alone is a little tougher.

How soon are you planning on starting ?

Anton, you are going to have to put in place something like CSC/Saxo Bank do with a public anti-doping program depending on how serious you are going to get the team to compete. 

There's a lot of things i have to put in place. Thats the reason im on the hub to get info from the guys and girls thats aware of all the things i need to do and all the opstacles i can expect.

Hi, im 25 turning 26 this year more a triathlete but a fiarly strong cyclist and cycle alot and had some good results, easily able to meet those speed crieria, i dont mind sacrificing myself and usually pull for better guys and would happily do so same for your team of youngsters in races, as well as being a qualified physio who would be more than happy to help out. PM if interested in chatting.