18 months for nolan

Tumbleweed

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Nolan then gets 2 years surely logic will tell you that Fouche should get more... ?

logic? two years is standard. nolan got a let-off.

F'k - put the sentence into context.

I'm saying if Nolan gets X amount of time the non-cooperators should get more X + Y months

what did you not understand ? Confused 

ok?let?me?say?this?slowly.

nolan and herman were given the same standard sentence for the same offence. nolan was given six months off that sentence for "co-operating. final sentences aren't the same. 

that's how it works. i mean, you do follow cycling, don't you?

Guest colonel
Astana

How old are you ?

Ive asked that question many many many many times before.

So' date=' How do you stop doping ?

You frikken remove him/her from the sport, let them go bowling or darts.

We do not need cheaters or dopers in cycling.[/quote']

My point exactly, and then we have to have childish arguments like somebody spiking someone else's bottles smiley36.gif

If Nolan then gets 2 years surely logic will tell you that Fouche should get more... ?

logic? two years is standard. nolan got a let-off.

F'k - put the sentence into context.

I'm saying if Nolan gets X amount of time the non-cooperators should get more X + Y months

what did you not understand ? Confused 

ok?let?me?say?this?slowly.

nolan and herman were given the same standard sentence for the same offence. nolan was given six months off that sentence for "co-operating. final sentences aren't the same. 

that's how it works. i mean' date=' you do follow cycling, don't you?
[/quote']

Its you that needs to Read....the....previous......posts.....slow ....ly ... Again.

I know Nolan's ban is the "reduced" sentence, and Ja i know 2 years is the minimum.

We were discussing the fact that the 2 offenders needs to have different sentences either way. Someone said both should have 2 years - but thats not fair - one cooperated and the other didn't so its only fair to give to one who cooperated a lesser ban .... 18months compared to 2 years.

So yeah its fair now 18months vs 2 years.

But if the initial ban were 2 years for nolan without any reduction, surely fouche would have been given more

We one the same page now. We are, but you are "gat oor kop"

Astana

How old are you ?

Ive asked that question many many many many times before.

Shocked forgot your a Ricco fan.

With the age thing, let me help you.

move you mouse over my profile to the left of the post, click on my name "Astana" then you'll enter my profile - see profile for details.

No need to be rude Colonel. Wink

astana' date=' truly, i give up. there is no logic whatsoever to your argument.[/quote']

Ermm Ok so I lost you there.

It seems that some still believes its ok to dope' date=' just make sure you dont get cought, and, if... than see you at the races again in 18months. ?

Guys, the point is.... You do not want to compete against someone who is doping (caught or un-caught). The cheater will always have a advantage over the clean riders.

So, How do you stop doping ?

You frikken remove him/her from the sport, let them go bowling or darts.

We do not know cheaters or dopers in cycling.[/quote']

I understand that its not cool to race against someone with a "advantage". But then again its not fair to live with people with a "advantage".

You work your ass off 8-5, they smuggle diamonds drugs or just steal money somehow - chop chop - farken rich.

You cant take a guy out of society for that.

Banning someone from sport for life is harsh - especially for a first time offender. Its not right, doping sucks, but this sport / sport is some peoples lives.

So banning them for life is killing them slowly. Look at the Hansie story. Ok what he did was really f'up but they murdered him in court and the punishment was just too much (lifetime), everything went downhill from there for him....RIP

You sentence the guy - let him learn from mistakes. If he doesn't then you crucify him. Not all people are equal - some peoples mind work different and some people have different reasons for doing illegal stuff.

Not saying doping is OK, not saying Nolan is innocent, not saying these guys are not crooks, just saying take a very good look at how one handles these cases.

If they guy is back - racing against you. Everyone knows what they have been up too and its really hard to get back to the level you were and be accepted in the bunch and racing scene. The damage is done - image wise.

In any case - its sad to dope on Elite level in SA.

Sensing some backtracking here, you still ultimately miss the point. He cheated to make money. No mistakes, so why should he get off lightly?

It goes against the whole concept of fair competition.

He cannot be trusted ever again, no matter what he says, and should he start winning again through his own talent, how can he disprove its not through artificial assistance. His goose is cooked, he has no credibility in the public eye, let alone amongst his peers.

well' date=' that's the suspension the hoff is getting. six-month reduction for co-operating.

play nice, hubbers.
[/quote']

They ignoring you LOL

We are all pretty quick to say rules are rules and cheating is not to be tolerated. Well some of those rules are the penalties that apply for certain offences and it is pointless to agree to rules as they apply to the offences but not to the penalties.

People can change and can learn and improve. One strike and you are out seems a bit harsh even for the lunatic right.

astana' date=' truly, i give up. there is no logic whatsoever to your argument.[/quote']

did you miss the part where i said i give up. your argument, simply, is left wanting and is all arse-about-face.

stop press?

THE HUB SA SUSPENDS ASTANA

The Hub SA has confirmed that top hubber, Astana,
has been handed an 18-month suspension from hubbing by an Anti-Doofus Disciplinary Panel that convened online on 10 February 2010.

Astana returned a positive test for unacceptably high levels of
stupidity, following the scrutiny of a post taken from him on
the same day.  
holy roller2010-02-10 03:01:30

-Steal

In some countries they chop off your  hand or fingers
-Drug trafficking (where you can also be framed or spiked with a package) ' date=' should you then get life in prison ?

Yes they screw up innocent kids lives.

[/quote']

did you miss the part where i said i give up. your argument, simply, is left wanting and is all arse-about-face.

stop press?

THE HUB SA SUSPENDS ASTANA

The Hub SA has confirmed that top hubber, Astana,

has been handed an 18-month suspension from hubbing by an Anti-Doofus Disciplinary Panel that convened online on 10 February 2010.

Astana returned a positive test for unacceptably high levels of

stupidity, following the scrutiny of a post taken from him on

the same day.  

LOL

I rest my case with you Holly Roller

We are all pretty quick to say rules are rules and cheating is not to be tolerated. Well some of those rules are the penalties that apply for certain offences and it is pointless to agree to rules as they apply to the offences but not to the penalties.

People can change and can learn and improve. One strike and you are out seems a bit harsh even for the lunatic right.

Thumbs%20Up

Guest Boytjie

Soes hulle innie Kaap sal s? :  " Djy mag dope en as djy gevang word - gooi 'n snot-wang en djy kry afslag op djou sentins "