18 months for nolan

Tumbleweed

astana' date=' truly, i give up. there is no logic whatsoever to your argument.[/quote']

Ermm Ok so I lost you there.

did you miss the part where i said i give up. your argument, simply, is left wanting and is all arse-about-face.

stop press?

THE HUB SA SUSPENDS ASTANA

The Hub SA has confirmed that top hubber, Astana,
has been handed an 18-month suspension from hubbing by an Anti-Doofus Disciplinary Panel that convened online on 10 February 2010.

Astana returned a positive test for unacceptably high levels of
stupidity, following the scrutiny of a post taken from him on
the same day.  

LOL

I rest my case with you Holly Roller

your case was never enterained for consideration by the panelTongue

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hub SA has confirmed that top hubber' date=' Astana,
has been handed an 18-month suspension from hubbing by an Anti-Doofus Disciplinary Panel that convened online on 10 February 2010.

the same day.  
[/quote']

He can be glad that he didnt mention your ass in one of his posts. That would have been a lifetime ban.

Sensing some backtracking here, you still ultimately miss the point. He cheated to make money. YES. No mistakes, so why should he get off lightly?

It goes against the whole concept of fair competition. YES.

He cannot be trusted ever again Rehab / Serving his ban, no matter what he says, and should he start winning again through his own talent, how can he disprove its not through artificial assistance Dope testing. His goose is cooked, he has no credibility in the public eye True - what is why he should be allowed back to redeem himself, and proof everone wrong - he MADE a mistake and has learned from it, Now give him a chance to do that, let alone amongst his peers.

If not then crucify him. Some people learn from their mistakes and most don't, but you got to give people a chance.

Everything everyone ever did wrong was to gain something fro them self. Money is no exception - its the same thing - gaining something for yourself.

Yes doping is stupid and ruins other people's chances. But doping is also just a step in the wrong direction. Some people are more prone to cheating than others - different circumstances and different reasons why some people think cheating is the only way forward..

Its fair to give people a change to rehabilitate.

People who admits guilt and work with the agencies and anti doping should get of lighter.

I believe its very hard to get back into racing and to gain the trust of everyone once you come back from a ban.

Look at Floid Landis - he never made it back.

Ivan Basso struggled for a long time to get back.

Vino is still struggeling

Jan stepped out of competition

Ricco is confident but knows that people will now always judge him.

Stefan Schumacher also bailed after his positive - knowing it would be near impossible to get back to top racing in time to still have a decent career.

Just saying - let them decide if they want to get back after the ban. If so it will only be to redeem themselves and to proof that they are worthy cyclist.

If not everyone will know your a cheat till you die. If caught 2nd time around there are not a lot of people who will stand by you. no one likes cheaters.

\

\they did it to them selves and its fro them to life with the consequences

astana' date=' truly, i give up. there is no logic whatsoever to your argument.[/quote']

Ermm Ok so I lost you there.

did you miss the part where i said i give up. your argument, simply, is left wanting and is all arse-about-face.

stop press?

The Hub SA has confirmed that top hubber, Astana,

the same day.  

LOL

I rest my case with you Holly Roller

your case was never enterained for consideration by the panelTongue

Sorry panel Tongue 

The Hub SA has confirmed that top hubber' date=' Astana,

the same day.  

[/quote']

He can be glad that he didnt mention your ass in one of his posts. That would have been a lifetime ban.

Shocked I did. but.... good lawyer Wink

ASTANA - I have organised a large whiteboard with thick kokies maybe you can draw Holy a pitcher Wink

no, i do get what's he's saying, i'm just saying it's dumb. LOL

ASTANA - I have organised a large whiteboard with thick kokies maybe you can draw Holy a pitcher Wink

A picture of his ass ?? Confused Tongue

No bigBenLOL

Some pseudo facts from the brain of Eldron:

1) The two year ban is clearly not working - people are still taking drugs.

2) In other careers one strike and you're out (law, accounting).

Effectively Nolan cheated to make money - you can wrap it up in whatever "truth" to make him look better but the bottom line is he is guilty of fraud.

In any other career if you were caught for fraud you'd face civil charges not just an 18 month slap on the wrist from the CSA.

My 2c - 6 year ban from professional cycling for first offense - lifetime for second offense.

It's not like the ban cripples these guys - it only excludes ONE career out of millions...

Nolan is a poepol! East Rand view applies, so under no circumstance may I be taken to task for my opinion!!!!Wink

Remorse my ASS and Holy can confirm its not a bad one. He He!!!!

What about all the people that lost their jobs because of him??

Major sponsor withdrawn OUCH!!!

Drugs= Thugs!!

If my calculations is correct he will be riding again April 2011? Thats nothing. They should make the suspension effective from when it got made public. And what is the protocol about testing during a suspension?

Its no good bitching at Nolan if you are unhappy with the penalties. He had jack didddly to do with it. Better to say the penalties should be changed rather than he should have been banned for 1 million years or whatever.

Some pseudo facts from the brain of Eldron:

1) The two year ban is clearly not working - people are still taking drugs.

2) In other careers one strike and you're out (law' date=' accounting).

Effectively Nolan cheated to make money - you can wrap it up in whatever "truth" to make him look better but the bottom line is he is guilty of fraud.

In any other career if you were caught for fraud you'd face civil charges not just an 18 month slap on the wrist from the CSA.

My 2c - 6 year ban from professional cycling for first offense - lifetime for second offense.

It's not like the ban cripples these guys - it only excludes ONE career out of millions...

[/quote']

Clap Yes. First time should only be a ban then 2nd time can be life. although one might disagree and maybe have 3rd time life ban.

Maybe increase first offense to 4 years 2nd to another 6 years and 3rd life.

I mean after 10 years (1st and 2nd time - positive) Surely your career is over in any case ? Its as good as Life.

Either way - cooperators should be given a lesser punish. lets say 4 years is standard for first time offender - then if cooperated enough one can reduce that with a few months.

The current 2 year ban is bit bit short for TOP pro riders, I agree.

My 2 cents worth:-

If the mandatory sentence was a lifetime ban - a lot that still  use will think twice........

As the saying goes 'if you can't do the time, don't do the crime!'

Why the difference and other chances?

As was mentioned in other careers it is one strike and you are out! So why not cycling?

They need to start making proper examples. Nolan gets 18 months. So what does that say? Let me try dope but if I get caught I will co-operate and get 18 month ban and then I am still young enough to try redeem myself. That is a fabulous example isn't it? What they need to do is start criminalising doping as I believe some European countries have done. Send them for a spell with Bubba and I'm sure they will get the message.
18 months is almost nothing so youngsters will take that chance. Make it longer and they will definitely start thinking more before. He broke the rule and must start paying a proper price! In addition to the bans teams should start not contracting riders who have been caught for doping. Or at least sponsors should put start putting the pressure on. They have somewhat by pulling sponsorship but not enough. Take Vino for example: I am a sponsor who sponsors a team. The team hires Vino. Vino and my company name are associated together. I would not want that. The only way too clean up cycling is to hit the pockets! Without sponsorship money professional cycling can't operate. Teams and riders will quickly step into line!