New Bike

ewep

My shopping around is going great!  Still no bike bought, still on my old bike.  So now I need some advise, and don't be nasty!

1. Raleigh RC7000, everyone knows the specs.  Bought from LBS anywhere

2. Bianchi 928. Full carbon bike. Campag Veloce groupo but Xenon brake arches. Bianchi wheelset. Bought from Westdene Cycles

3. Specialized Allez Comp. Alu with Carbon stays. D/A FSA mix groupo. Mavic entry level wheelset. Bought from Cyclelab.

I am quite heavy, but all 3 will carry me n/p.  What do you guys think?  I need to have this bike and be comfortable on it for at least 3 years, hoping for 5.

1 - Raleigh RC7000 cheap, good groupset, but wheels are going to give you problems guaranteed. Be ready to buy better wheels.

2 - Bianchi sounds good? Price???

3 - No doubt that the Specialized would be my choice in that list.

The Specialized and Bianchi is MUCH more than the Raleigh!!  And that's all I'm gonna say about that!

My biggest worry is my weight, Bianchi says 100kg is still ok, so I'm FINE, but still.  I've had a problem with a Giant carbon frame and seatpost, and I don't want to go that way again!

And then, what about the shops and backup service?

Ok, I had a look at the Specialized and you may have a problem with it...

The seat stay is carbon while the chain stay is Alu. The carbon will flex more than the Alu and since you are quite big, there is a good chance that you can snap the carbon.

Rather stick with a full carbon bike then.

No. 1. My LBS sells it for R10500.00, all up. They have got a 51 (red) in stock, but they should be able to get 54 or 56.

Looks like you are going to get that new bike now! smileys/smiley19.gif

Sorry, crap joke but you have to try and find the good side of everything out there. smileys/smiley2.gif

smileys/smiley4.gif

Ewep when & if U decide to buy from Westdene Cycles drop me a line....I'm not too far from them...be good to see what you walk out with...Bianchi is a sexy machine...smileys/smiley4.gif

"DTsmileys/smiley4.gif"

Even though I am a Specialized sort of guy out of those I would take the Bianchi (even if it was green!) - does that help? Probably not, at the end of the day get what 'looks' good to you!