Anthem frame cracked anybody else with same probl

Konaman

My Anthem had a crack at the seat post welding after the Sani2C last year. I was hoping to upgrade to the Anthem Advance, but they had no stock. Unhappy

But they replaced the cracked frame with a newer year model. So big thumbs-up for Dragon Sports.Thumbs%20Up

20100218_022138_Cracked_MTB_006.jpg

A few years back they had a batch of TCR's that cracked like rice cakes.

Do you have anything to back this claim up. How many frames need to crack to be put in the "rice cakes" catagory?

When the first Giant ONCE's came out I bought one. It cracked at the chainstay after a few months. After that I had another 3 with the same issue, Dragons admitted that there is a problem with the frame. I then received the upgraded frame that lasted for years. Im actually giving praise to good service, so get off your bloody horse.

I am not disputing the warranty thing.......yes I resprayed it...... so no warranty..... IT IS A STUPID RULE THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! But that is the rule.  Think about it..... A 6" frame cracked after 2 years of XC use....... bad design or faulty workmanship.......... giant got of on a technicality....... The warranty clause is also VERY "mother hood" vaugh not clear.  It reads "...... modification in any form..........".

Does this go for adding stickers to the frame...... since the glue of the stickers might eat the welding?Smile

At the end of the day I was hoping to see 2 things:

1)  From giant a new front triangle falling that

2)  From dragon sports at least some leeway -afterall it is my 5th Giant I bought..... customer loyalty? (Yes you did offer me a replacment part that was te wrong colour, wrong size, wrong year model and at Retail price.... R3500 for front triangle, R3500 for the back and lets say R3000 for the shock that gives you about R10000 for a new frame.

At Ghost Face.......

I beg to differ....... you tried to sell me a front triangle of an older moddel diffrent colour' date=' wrong size for +R3500.00.... SHOCK ALSO excluded.......

Yes I refused because I am not gona be ripped off! 

So guess what....... I am now riding a Morewood and will never ride a Giant again and will advice everybody to steer clear of the maestro range due to bad design...Angry
[/quote']

Dragons offered you a replacement part for a non warrentee part at a reasonable price. We did not have to give you this option, but we did. I am unaware of the size difference. Maybe the store ordered the wrong size. It happens. If we sent the wrong size then I say sorry.

It does not matter anymore........  I am riding a morewood for the last 8 months, not gone ride a giant again......

Thats it........case closed........I acctually moved on till I saw anothercracked frame from giant in the Maestro range and I added my 2c.

Cheers!

A few years back they had a batch of TCR's that cracked like rice cakes.

Do you have anything to back this claim up. How many frames need to crack to be put in the "rice cakes" catagory?

When the first Giant ONCE's came out I bought one. It cracked at the chainstay after a few months. After that I had another 3 with the same issue' date=' Dragons admitted that there is a problem with the frame. I then received the upgraded frame that lasted for years. Im actually giving praise to good service, so get off your bloody horse.
[/quote']

Ok. I'm not clued up with road cycling from that time. The first Once's were late 1990's early 2000's.

At Ghost Face.......

?

I beg to differ....... you tried to sell me a front triangle of an older moddel diffrent colour' date=' wrong size?for +R3500.00.... SHOCK ALSO excluded.......

?

Yes I refused because I am not gona be ripped off!?

?

So guess what....... I am now riding a Morewood and will never ride a Giant again and will advice everybody to steer clear of the maestro range due to bad design...Angry
[/quote']

Incredible how someones personal experience ends up being   labelled as `bad design`....The Giant `Maestro` range of suspension bikes is probably the popular and successful of all suspension bikes at present so it stands to reason that the incidence of failures may be slightly higher purely by proportion. Failure rates among the `niche` bike brands seem far greater if you do a bit of research into this. Trawling through the hub will give you many examples.Yeti springs to mind( Sorry Yeti riders..I love your bikes ) personally have had many Giants (and other brands in case i get accused of bias) and have not once experienced any problems. Same goes for many others I know. Before I get accused of being a week-end funrider let me assure you my bikes are worked hard as I weigh in at 95kg and have completed more than 40 marathon/ultramarathon type races. Mountainbikes are subjected to huge abuse( often used in the wrong context ie Freeriding/All mountain on a XC machine (Anthem)so a certain amount of frame failure is to be expected.

Giant are the Toyota of bicycling (I know, I know..) and they make a great product at a very competitive price. Lets all stop whining and ride more.