Giant IDT

RodTi

Hello All,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, since I haven't actually even bought, nevermind tested, this product - but was wondering if anyone else on the Hub uses this IDT?

I am looking for something that is not going to break the bank, won't damage my bike - and doesn't have to be anything fancy - must just help me work up a sweat...

Will this do?

Think my LBS is selling them for about R880.00...

GIANT Cyclotron Magnetic:

Magnetic resistance unit with six levels and handlebar mounted remote adjuster

Heavy-duty construction provides stable support

Folding frame for easy storage and transportation

Quick release levers make repeated set up a snap

Adjustable levelling feet

Available in blue or white

20070628_051116_Giant_Cyclotron.jpg

Any advice will be appreciated Big%20smile!

That one is good....had similar one......the one bad thing about the magnetic is the bar where you wheel push against get very hot...meaning it eats your rubber of your tyres...so wear and tear is quite hectic.

Thanks AL...

Will keep that it mind..

What about the clip-in of your bike - did it do any damage?

Or is it nice and secure?

Thanks AL...

Will keep that it mind..

What about the clip-in of your bike - did it do any damage?

Or is it nice and secure?

Nah...it is very stable and no damage that I can recall from using that trainer for about 2 years. Just remember to put a book or a front wheel trainer support to make the bike level.

Well worth the money.Use my carbon bike on it and no problems.Very secure and stable and my bike is big!61cm.So you should not have any problems with this product.

• 3 weeks later...

That one is good....had similar one......the one bad thing about the magnetic is the bar where you wheel push against get very hot...meaning it eats your rubber of your tyres...so wear and tear is quite hectic.

Continental makes a special yellow tyre for trainers...well worth it if you ride on a trainer alot.

Continental makes a special yellow tyre for trainers...well worth it if you ride on a trainer alot.

I know.....but it is better to have a spare rear wheel....cause to change the tire get's a bit much after a while!Dead

True....that tyre is a winner!!!

I've been on my IDT twice this year, last week was the last time, that thing ate my damn tyre!!! Rubber was all over the place and it made the tyre profile flat....and so on my next ride outside I got a flat...will have to get a dedicated yellow conti tyre as well..

I know.....but it is better to have a spare rear wheel....cause to change the tire get's a bit much after a while!Dead 

yaaa, you don't put that flippen thing on, you swear it on....

be prepared to spend 15min taking it off and putting it on.

yaaa' date=' you don't put that flippen thing on, you swear it on....

be prepared to spend 15min taking it off and putting it on.
[/quote']

LOL!!LOLLOL

and you do not use tyre leavers....it will break...you must use screw drivers!Wink

anyone find that this trainer doesn't offer enough resistance?

And I am in no way alluding to the fact that I might be a powerhouse, just cant seem to find a high resistance even with a 53x11