Camel Back recommendation for MTB

Johnno

No no no .... Get one of those Dunlop ones from Makro. Costs R200 and does exactly the same thing as a Camel Back.

?

seriously Justin' date=' would you ride around with satchel on your back that says dunflop ?, I somehow doubt it
[/quote']

I suppose it goes like this:-

1) Can i put it on my back?

2) Does it hold water?

3) Can i put spares into it and maybe a goo or 3?

4) Do i care a toss what anyone thinks?

if you answer yes to 1,2 and 3 and no to 4 then who really gives a monkeys? Leave the posing etc to the roadies - they ae so good at it that us MTBers don't stand a chance of being half as good.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No no no .... Get one of those Dunlop ones from Makro. Costs R200 and does exactly the same thing as a Camel Back.

seriously Justin' date=' would you ride around with satchel on your back that says dunflop ?, I somehow doubt it
[/quote']

I suppose it goes like this:-

1) Can i put it on my back?
2) Does it hold water?
3) Can i put spares into it and maybe a goo or 3?
4) Do i care a toss what anyone thinks?

if you answer yes to 1,2 and 3 and no to 4 then who really gives a monkeys? Leave the posing etc to the roadies - they ae so good at it that us MTBers don't stand a chance of being half as good.

you have a very valid point there - i apologise Justin.

Have a look at these have read a few reviews. Sounds nice.

Deuter Hydro Lite 3.0L

The Deuter Hydro Lite is a nifty little hydration pack for barrelling down hills on your mountain bike, or on foot. The airstripes backsystem allows for great heat circulation

R499

I only use my MULE for long bundu rides where some extra eats, liquid and tools may be required. I far prefer riding with nothing on my back and a bottle in the cage. On a race or training ride you can always top up if your route goes past a tap or water point. Buy decent close fitting cycle tops with  roady style pockets to keep your spare tube, phone and so  on in. I put money, a tube, patches and chain breaker in a zip lock bag and carry that in my back pocket most rides. Headshot2010-03-03 07:15:34