flip flops?

warrenf

Thanks! yeah next time (if there is one) I will definitely get a road bike with slicks, cycling shorts, and do some training.

But you know, the flip flops were actually OK! I would recommend them, nothing better than taking them off and pouring ice cold water over your feet during the race...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a rule against wearing flip flops in the argus?

also ' date=' im on a MTB, no training, at the back, what time should i be expecting to do? only because i need to get to a braai later on...

thanks
[/quote'] Now THAT's he spirit LOL

Now that is the spirit cycling events should cultivate. Must be a MTBer. Well done and see you there next year Warren!

must have been me... started in OQ (last group)' date=' with brown leather?flip flops![/quote']

We passed you twice on our beer lap - you were looking good both times. We were seriously impressed with your commitment and style smiley2.gif

haha! thanks a lot :)

What is a beer lap? please don't say you finished and then went around again or something silly??

I Think in the Toyota Pruis manual they state that you are allowed to wear flip flops' date=' so that they can blame you if the accelerator gets stuckLOL [/quote']

haha!

Two years ago I had a Prius on test for a week. The first day I took it for a drive, I was while happily going along, amazed by the electronic wizardry that showed when battery wsa being used, and when it was charging etc. it started acceleration under on it's own accord. I applied brakes and the car slowed down. As soon as I lifted my foot off the brake it started accelerating again. I applied brakes harder bringing the car to a halt, then pushed the on/off button to kill the power.

At that point in time, while thinking "this car has gone crazy... too much AI for it's own good". Whilst pausing for a minute trying to decide whether or not to risk starting the "possesed car" up again, I noticed that the accelerator pedal had got stuck under the floor mat.

I got a strong suspicion that floor mats in california can also jam Prius pedals, haha!