flip flops?

warrenf

Well ja definatley makes sense if you the pedestrian and the force of the hit..... not too sure on the theory if you the driver though..... ne ways..... maybe someone should mail Mythbusters

enjoy the argus guys!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard it from a few cops that when they come across a body especially those run over on highways and the shoes are missing then they know the person was killed instantly.

As for knowing of anyone who has actually put the theory to the test fortunately not.

Does it count for boots aswell? And what if they die 5 seconds after the accident and still have their shoes on? I take that as instant aswell.

This is a pic from 2009 where 15 people were killed instantly in a suicide bomb attack

20100312_051645_109660.jpg

A Sri Lankan policeman collects shoes from the scene where a Tamil Tiger suicide bomber attacked outside a mosque in Akuressa. Source: Reuters

I got hit by a car when i was crossing Kommetjie road (yeah, I dunno how either, the sun was in my eyes Embarrassed) and my shoes went flying...

I wasn't killed very instantly, since that was a few years ago.  I could still crawl, but the car had to be towed away Tongue

I have heard it from a few cops that when they come across a body especially those run over on highways and the shoes are missing then they know the person was killed instantly.

As for knowing of anyone who has actually put the theory to the test fortunately not.

Does it count for boots aswell? And what if they die 5 seconds after the accident and still have their shoes on? I take that as instant aswell.

Mampara, I am not sure but my understanding is that it counts for all types of shoes - boots included from what I have been told.

Dont know if I believe that hey. I know that most of the time people who are killed in accidents lose their shoes, but often people that aren't killed also lose theirs as well. I would think thats its illegal to drive in flip flops as they can get stuck on the pedals or whatever?

Yup as stated I am not too sure weather it is fact or urban myth, from the testimony of ossum it looks like it may just be urban myth.

Never seen flip flops but I've seen cyclists with sandals on the Argus, the marshals check if you have a chip rather than whats on your feet.

FYI

Skin applied to tar at an average of 15kmh will abrade at a rate of 3mm per second.

We Marshals hate washing that crap off our bikes after riding through it.

Dont know if I believe that hey. I know that most of the time people who are killed in accidents lose their shoes' date=' but often people that aren't killed also lose theirs as well. I would think thats its illegal to drive in flip flops as they can get stuck on the pedals or whatever? [/quote']

That's an easy one to solve! If you are in an accident and you lose your shoes they should check if you are alive. If you're alive, you haven't been killed instantly but if you're dead, you were killed instantly.

Easy! I'm applying for a job at Sherlock Homes right now!!!! smiley4.gif

Take a pair of takkies ... you might need it on the hills when you could be walking :)

I Think in the Toyota Pruis manual they state that you are allowed to wear flip flops, so that they can blame you if the accelerator gets stuckLOL