Argus coverage on TV

evanr4

Yeah, uncool footage.

Really, really wannit to see Monsieur Lance and our local stars doing their thang...

smiley5.gif

Agree, coverage not good at all. Took a couple of short naps in between as well.

Cannot understand why SuperSport did not broadcast this!

Shocking! They used the wind as an excuse. But you can't blame them - how would they have known that they need to prepare for windy conditions... especially after last year...

kinda reminded me of the footage quality of my old mans ultra duathlons in the early 90's.

pretty dismal to say least. after watching so much european racing (good quality) it was pretty difficult make out who the 'smudges' were in the peleton.

later

have to agree, coverage was shocking! especially when they continuously go back to the start while things are heating up in the peleton...

Well' date=' I had to take the commentator's word for it that Lange won it. Hope the 'Official broadcaster' of the 2010 World cup has a contingency plan. Todays coverage was horrible. I've seen better stuff on youtube  [/quote']

Missed the broadcast, they having a rebroadcast?

For the SWC they're only broadcasting, film work will be HBS people and experienced/qualified cameramen/women contracted to HBS locally.

they cant blame the wind for poor broadcasting. The shots from the helicopter were so terrible!! who can see the action from 1000m!!!

and the contrast were terrible - either the road were to bright almost white and the surroundings were in focus, or the other way around.

Surely 1-2 camera bikes would be enough to do decent coverage and maby a few stationary cameras along the route.

AND WHY did the switch in between the start line and race and other sh*t while the race were going.

I mean - at least show the RACE RACE and then one can show the clowns and sh*t at the start line etc.

I think its pathetic. They have all the equipment but screws it up on the day.

Blaming the wind to say the choppers could not be up and ready is pathetic - bikes would have been better than the crap they broadcasted.

Supersport should do the race and SABC can do the start line crap.

Another terrible thing - the photo finish!! HOW could the judges get that wrong??? The first announced that Burry came in 3rd - but the video/ photo finish clearly show Daryll pushing ahead for Burry to take 3rd!

Its just SWAK!!

"Saying something like - it better than nothing is just stupid" Either you do something good or you just don't do it and get someone who can.

Another shocking thing for me - the small prizes !!! WHAT only 16K for first place????? Someone is making a sh*t load of cash