CRC- buggerup HELP PLEASE

Bos

CWC latest specials rock!!

If that is what I need i'll try them first...BUT as far as the rest go...

still CRC unfortunately - the total savings is just too big to not make use of!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try getting the stuff from CWC or myself maybe even your LBS 1st then at last resort take the business out of RSA

?

Appart form keeping money in SA getting?Stuff from CWC is much the same as CRC?for my LBS?though.

Dont worry I have a understanding with my LBS

Well I'll consider Peter (Icycling) and Chris Jnr(CWC) when I make my next purchase, but there is no way that a local supplier would have gotten me a Shimano-M191 crankset for R90 randts.

As a developer myself I understand the logistics involved in keeping a website like CRC up and running. This is CRCs selling point.

thats why I buy locally ....

lol. that was uberlame trolling. You make it sound so simple, like CRC and the LBS' have exactly the same stock, variety and pricing. Wow, never a narrower mindset in a long long long time. Besides that of Julius of course.hmm, guess i'm wrong about it being a longx3 time. But i digress.

Bos: any reason for the delayed response from them? Quite unusual as on the occassions i've mailed them, I have received a response on just about 24hrs. Mais c'est pas si grave.

Capricorn2010-03-21 14:22:57

thats why I buy locally ....

lol. that was uberlame trolling. You make it sound so simple' date=' like CRC and the LBS' have exactly the same stock, variety and pricing. Wow, never a narrower mindset in a long long long time. Besides that of Julius of course.hmm, guess i'm wrong about it being a longx3 time. But i digress.

Bos: any reason for the delayed response from them? Quite unusual as on the occassions i've mailed them, I have received a response on just about 24hrs. Mais c'est pas si grave.

[/quote']

Haha, Ya  bro thought the same of the response you just said it.

I spoke to this chickey who reconed It was something in our order that was discontinued,however We were told the one Item that was out of stock  was now back in stock and our order was processing, so something doesnt match up.

I phoned her back as she diddnt call back like shie promised to do eventhough I was in SA. second time she admitted that they had a backlog. I think that might be the problem. Ive also been noticing a lot of Items not being in stock lately, Low stocks? why?

Lets hope It gets better again, as I have ordered more stuff despite this order being delayed.Wink

hmm, they almost seem shy to admit they fudged it. smiley2.gif But, for CRC, i can understand. They service the known universe, so backlogs are inevitable. Victim of their own success i reckon.?

However, in your experience. its a 1 in 10 event, so vasbyt. It's gonna be resolved.

But the backlogs is getting truley redonkelous. I missed the last 3 CRC orders as my goodie list went from in stock, to on order to not to be found.

Poor stockholding on CRCs part or they are not doing too well.

eh? how you figure that cb? poor stock keeping? hmm, supply known universe? Orders going just about 24/7, but all get processed when ireland wakes up? hmm.

They not doing so well? Not sure what you mean there.

luckily, my whole wishlist is just about in stock. or did i just jinx it, and will only find out when i press the Place Order button smiley17.gif

I've noticed in the last few weeks how CRCs variety is starting to diminish.

Since none of us work for CRC we can only speculate.

One possible theory on CRC is that they are selling job lots from competitors that went under and/or suppliers where using them as a clearing house.

Both situation are very common in retail. Thats how Mr Price clothing started in the '90s. This would explain why certain items have non standard model numbers and stock availability is limited.

Personally I'm becoming less impressed with CRC and I'm not the only one: Lack of stock; Pricing becoming less competitive; Delivery issues

This is a pity as we need to CRC to keep our LBSs on their feet.

interesting perspective there.?

the conspiracist inside me always contended that governmental influence would soon come to bear on teh situation. IF fox can prevent it's stuff from going to CRC (anyone ever buy a hardcore bit of Fox tech from CRC, like ever?), it's not hard to believe other companies wouldn't bow to pressures from lazyass LBS' with or without a whisper or two from lobbyists and other governmental ilk.

But more likely, maybe CRC couldnt sustain the volumes as the market goes thru it's saturation phase. As I see, the northern hemisphere market would in winter, slow down a bit. Then as the season changes, the guys and gals start gearing up, either getting new rigs or dolling up last year's sled for 2010. Now they got allthe candy their wallets can afford, the market moves over from moving big ticket items to maintenance purchases: tyres, bearings etc. high volume, low margins. If CRC runs a quasi-JIT stock system, they automtically going to hold off on stocking up to the gills. Selling old favourites is like the long-tail approach taken by Amazon: everyone will buy something at the right price, no matter it's age or marque.

will be interesting to see CRCs geographical market share.

Either way, i'm glad they exist. My money still goes where it gets the most bang. I think almost all of us can agree on that.

Capricorn2010-03-21 17:36:55

Well my LBS is very aware of CRC pricing and actually makes an effort to compete.

End of day, the consumer is the winner and the LBS still makes an income even though at a reduced profit.

What bugs me is that they have (to date!!) not replied to any of my queries....mabye 4+ in total thsu far!!

If it wasn't for Bos actually phoning them I'd still be in te dark on this order.

I actually don't know what to do next - they have already taken the bucks off my Credit card - a while ago!!

Cassie we still appreciate you doing the order, no grudges on my side as I know it was completely out of your hands.

Mmmm ... OK so when is the next order going out :) ... I'll only be able to the honours on my side in August (long story).

And you think that buying locally gives better after sales or telephonic support ? LOL...ever tried calling a local supplier ? (not ness. bike shops..just a general comment)

Griffin: ooo, dont get me going on that one. Dealing with local distribs often is like getting bergie doo on your shoes: sure, the shoe looks clean,but the smell lingers... ?damn irritating smiley4.gif

CB: i'm lining up for a few small spare parts from CRC, but it's the clothing items that are only becoming available mid April and then in May again smiley6.gif. Anyone else?

Capricorn2010-03-22 15:08:36

What bugs me is that they have (to date!!) not replied to any of my queries....mabye 4+ in total thsu far!!

If it wasn't for Bos actually phoning them I'd still be in te dark on this order.

I actually don't know what to do next - they have already taken the bucks off my Credit card - a while ago!!

Ya Im also Pissed at the fact that they are not replying on e-mails. I meen, this is the 20th century, If we didnt have the net, we wouldnt have CRC, now why the hell are they online to take our orders but not to reply on e-mails. Ive emailed every e-mail add on this tread and not herd anything from anyone. I cant go on calling the darf emily chick who keeps promising me she would call back.

Ive since ordred a chainring and front tire with someone else and thats already in SA customs. FARK!! this hacks me off. If I end up getting upset today I might just give emily a piece of my mind, since she is the onlyone I can talk to, she will have to eat my crap.

I need another long weekend...