Long ride for 16th June

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MichelleH, you finalised the route, starting time, etc. yet? If you need my help give me a shout.

Where are we setting off again ? I am also inviting a friend with that just got back into cycling. I don't know JHB, please give me directions from sandton to where we are setting off.

thanks

EPoH

Not sure where in Sandton but I will direct from Sandton City (two choices, depending on how well you know the west rand)

1. Take Sandton drive to William Nicol - William Nicol to Highway South - take 14th Avenue offramp (MTN Campus) - right into 14th (which then becomes William Nicol just to confuse you) - under highway - turn righunder the next bridge (Hendrik Potgieter) - straight up Hendrik Potgieter past Hillfox (on right) - right at next traffic light, Town Square is on your left behind the McDonalds.

2. Take Sandton drive to William Nicol - William Nicol to Witkoppen - left onto Witkoppen and carry on straight along there - changes name to Northumberland and then again to Christian De Wet - At the Makro/Clearwater Mall intersection turn left into Hendrik Potgieter (double left) - second traffic light on Hendrik Potgieter (at McDonalds) left and left again into Town Square.

ja ja... i'm buying the eggs tonight... have all the other ingredients in the cupboard already! smileys/smiley2.gif

Whats up with that, I thought MichelleH was baking the cake?  smileys/smiley5.gif

Nice one, entice everyone with chocolate cake and then do a duck smileys/smiley17.gif, some friend you are! smileys/smiley2.gif

she's gonna bring one and i'm gonna make one - i have just bought myself a nice new fan-assisted oven and i do enjoy baking so we agreed to a compromise to make sure that there will be enough cake for all smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley4.gif

Where is MichelleH ???

Can I please have a body count so I can buy 'Medals'

Slowpoke

MichelleH

IanJ

Sonic

Sir Fed

Ewep

Epoh +1

Tazman

Any others ??

i have just bought myself a nice new fan-assisted oven

Hey don't they make fan assisted bikes, could be useful for the Jock smileys/smiley36.gif .

Hi.

Would love to join you but just over a 2 week bout of pneumonia, so not much riding for me in the near future, bye bye Jock.

Have Fun.

ianj, i also have a non-hubber friend who's joining on bike and a non-hubber friend who'll join as an additional support car

Phew, I actually get some work done and I get blasted for not being online!

Yes, all of you chocolate cake fans, DO NOT FEAR! I have a new recipe to try and it is DELICIOUS!!

We will be leaving the Mugg and Bean opposite Hillfox (on Albert road) at 7am. We will have a Subaru Outback as a support vehicle, with a trailer that can carry 4 bikes. We can also fit 2 or 3 bikes inside the trailer, and we have a bike rack for behind the car that can take an extra 2!

The planned route is left onto HP up to Ontdekkers and then all the way out on Ontdekkers to KDorp game reserve. Onto Magaliesberg (either via Hekpoort or the other way) and we will turn around when the group decides we've had enough! Planning a nice slow easy sociable 100-120km ride.

We will stop for breakfast afterwards so invite the family (and wives!)